XII

I sat in the detective's office and stared at the video of the proposal and shooting on TMZ. I sighed.

"Well Ms. Langston-Hughes, I studied the video over and over, and found someone who might be the suspect." He pointed to the video, as a woman stepped in the door and raised the gun. It was not that visible beforehand, but looking at it now, I was shocked.

"I contacted the groups that were at he scene shooting videos and taking pictures, and they said they were very cooperative."

"What did they say?"

"They said the saw a light skin girl with curly blue hair dressed the same way as the person seen in the video and-"

"It's Stella." I cut him off.

"Who's Stella?"

"She used to work for me and the guy she's into likes wants to get with me, so she got jealous and had been acting strange. She came after me, and once I beat her ass, I fired her. I had a bad feeling she would come back, but I never knew she would shoot me for revenge..." A tear slipped down my cheek.

"Do you have her information?"

"Yes, it's right here in my phone." I scrolled through my contacts and found her number, giving it to the investigator.

"Thank you, and that's all for today. I'll contact you later this week." He stood up and shook my hand. I adjusted my dress and walked out the door.

I left the department building and went to grab something to eat. I pulled through the Burger King line and smiled when the woman at the window recognized me. I took a picture with her, got my food, and drove back home.

I turned on the radio and listened as a radio station was talking about me and Odell.

"They are the power couple of the week, man."

"But isn't that the girl he cheated on his wife with?"

I abruptly turned the station and listened to some smooth jazz on the way back home.

I pulled up to the house and saw an unknown car in the driveway. I opened the door and found Odell, my mom, and dad sitting on the couch.

"Oh hey sweetheart!" My mom greeted me. I walked over to her and hugged her, inhaling her Juicy Couture perfume.

My dad nodded his head and me and went back to talking to Dell.

"It's nice to see my two boys getting along." I sat in between them and hugged daddy... My actual father I mean. Nasty asses.

"Well, Mr. Odell here isn't that bad... He's actually a nice gentleman." He smiled a smile I hadn't seen since I was last with him. When I was 16.

"That's great." My mom and I said at the same time. We laughed a little and Jase came running down the stairs.

"Mommy!" He jumped into my arms. I spun him around and giggled.

•••

"Hey baybeh, my friend's birthday party is tonight, and I'm gonna go." He said grabbing his keys.