XI : Part 1

9 months later

Me and Odell started dating a couple months ago, and were in the height of our relationship. It was our 9 month anniversary, and I didn't know what he had up his sleeve. He always went all out for special occasions.

Speak of the devil...

My phone rang. I looked at the screen which read: My Baby 💍🔐. I picked up.

"Hello?" I said perkily.

"Be ready in 2 hours. Wear something nice, babe." He said roughly. I loved it when he used his rough voice on me.

"Okay Daddy..." I but my bottom lip.

"You know how I feel about that shit baby... Keep messing around and I'll fuck you until you can't walk for weeks." I heard the seriousness in his voice.

"Mmmnn. No promises... Daddy."

"Ight, bet. I gotcho ass tonight." And with that, the line went dead. I flopped back on the bed and smiled dreamily at the ceiling.

"Mommy! Can you tie mah shoe?" Jase came running in.

"Why sweetpea?"

"I want to go to Auntie Nicki's house!" He said, referring to Nicki Minaj, who took me in as her sister a little bit ago. Jase had taken a liking to Nicki, and Nicki to Jase. She had been looking out for me ever since Stella went crazy, and had been doing crazy shit to me every chance she got.

"Alright baby, go get your backpack, and I'll take you over there in about an hour." He ran out the room. I smiled at the beautiful creation me and Daniel had made. He was a miracle out of a bad situation, but I've forgiven Daniel for what he's done, and I'm actually happy for him.

I shook off my thoughts and hopped in the shower to get ready for whatever Delly had in store for me.

•••

I searched through my closet and found the perfect outfit. Elegant, yet sexy. Just what I needed. I put on my dress, heels, and make up, finishing everything off with a straight hair look.

I looked at my phone for the time. 8:41.

"Alright Jase! Let's go!" I called to him from down stairs. He ran down the stairs and stood at the door in anticipation.

•••

I pulled up to the fancy restaurant that Odell told me to meet him at. I walked up to the door, only to be greeted by the doorman.

"Good afternoon Madam. Mr. Beckham is waiting inside for you." He bowed and opened the door. I smiled weakly and stepped inside. The entire restaurant was empty, except for one booth for two on a raised platform in the middle of the floor, under a beautiful chandelier. A small orchestra was in the dimmed corner, playing soothing classical music.

As soon as Odell's eyes landed on me, his eyes wandered all the way to my feet and back.

"You look amazing baybeh..." He kissed my hand. His accent that only came out every so often was heart-melting and knee-weakening. He moved from in front of me and escorted me to my seat, right before taking his.

"You really outdid yourself this time." I said with a bright smile. He smiled as well, and called the waiter over to take our orders.

•••

"Let me take your picture!" He laughed. I giggled and let him take a quick picture.

 I giggled and let him take a quick picture

"I want desert..." I looked at the menu.

"Of course... But first..." He slyly got on one knee. My heart raced.

"Amara Langston Hughes... When I first layed eyes on you, all I thought of you as was a piece of Eye Candy... I didn't see you for the caring, beautiful, strong woman you were. I only wanted you for your body, but I realize now that you are worth so much more than that, and that's why I want you to spend the rest of your life with me. So I can treat you like the goddess you've always been... Mara, will you marry me?" He opened a small velvet covered box and revealed a gorgeous, and rather large, diamond ring. I held my hand to my mouth to hold back sobs, and shook my head.

"Of course I will Odell." I cried. His eyes filled with sparkle as he slipped the ring on my dainty finger.

The staff in the restaurant applauded, and a couple flashes went off outside the window. Cameras I assumed. I ignored them and enjoyed the beautiful moment at hand... Literally.

As I admired the engagement ring, gun shots rang through the building

As I admired the engagement ring, gun shots rang through the building. I shrieked briefly as a sharp pain hit my side. I looked at Odell one last time before everything faded into darkness...

<>

I'm so famous for cliff hangers, I swear 😂

-Vote and Comment-