III

Lucas Coly
-
I gotta admit, Amara is really cute... Maybe I should take her on a date?

"Hey Amara?" I came up behind her in the kitchen.

"Yeah?" She called out as if I were in the next room.

"I'm right here!" I chuckled.

I went up to her and wrapped my arms around her waist just as Odell came into the room. I turned my head and saw the face of pure envy in the entry-way. I smirked and rested my head on her shoulder, her hand running through my curls as she chopped up a carrot.

"Uh-um! Am I interrupting something?" Odell spoke up.

"Actually, you are." Amara said with an attitude. I'm guessing she had the same idea as me.

"Yeah. Go talk to your girl, eh?" My smile widened. He clenched his jaw and left us, slamming the front door. Which meant it was just us in the house.

I unexpectedly picked Amara up and sat her on the counter.

What are you dooiiinggg-uhh!" She giggled.

"Nothing much..." I said pulling her shorts off and getting myself positioned between her legs.

•••

Kehmari Beckham
-

I pulled up to the father of my daughter's house to pick her up. Even though she wasn't Odell's, he still treats her like his own, and I love that about him.

"Hey Mari. Sierra is getting her shoes on now." Carson said opening the door and gestured me to come inside.

"I'm okay." I crossed my arms.

"Come on Mari, don't be like this! Are you still upset about what happened all those years ago?" He stepped outside and cracked the door.

"Yes Carson! It was only 6 years ago that I was 17 and 4 months pregnant when you left me all alone!" I looked away, fighting back tears.

"Kehmari, I told you how sorry I was. I was young and stupid. I loved you then... And now. That won't change! I'm trying to make things right with you! We have a beautiful 6 year old daughter together! Why can't we be us again?" He said, tears streaming down his face.

"Carson, I'm sorry, but it's not like that anymore. I love Odell and I'm not leaving him for a person like you. Now excuse me, but my daughter I need to get going." I said just as Sierra stepped outside.

"Hey mommy!" She smiled big before running into my arms.

"Hey Pumpkin! You ready to go?"

"Yes mommy... Bye Mr. Carson! Is daddy at home mommy?" She turned back to me.

Carson shot me a dirty look.

"Go wait in the car sweetie, I'll be right there." I said. We both watched her run off and hop in the car before Carson gave me a serious look.

"You got her calling him daddy now?!" He raised his voice.

"Well, uh, YEAH! What did you think? That she would call the person she doesn't see everyday her father? I think not! Have a nice day Carson!" I marched back to the car and left him on the porch looking dumbfounded and made my way back home.

•••

I plopped into the couch and watched Sierra run circles around Amara. She seemed absolutely in love with her.

"She's so precious!" Amara sat down beside me.

"My little angel..." I trailed off.

"She looks nothing like Odell though!" She laughed slightly.

"She's not Odell's..."

"Oh... Are you on good terms with the dad?"

"Well, I was 17 when I had Sierra, and he didn't stay to support me. Even though we were in high school, his parents taught him better than to abandon a pregnant woman. When he left, I had no where to go, I met Odell and we hit it off. A couple years later after I graduated college, he proposed and the rest was history. But to answer your question, me and him aren't on good terms, but we make it work for Sierra." I smiled warmly and watched her play with her dolls.

"Wow." She rubbed her neck.

"Yeah... He's been nothing but good to me. Even though he does have his moments, I can only say that he's the most faithful and caring person I've ever met." I picked at my wedding ring and noticed Amara was looking at the floor.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." She said, almost in a whisper, and went up stairs.

That was weird. I wonder what's wrong with ha'?

Amara Langston-Hughes
-
I dashed up the stairs and ran into my room, only to find Odell sitting on my bed. He stood up and hovered over me.

"What are you going?" I asked just before he pinned me up against the wall.

"Stay away from Lucas, ya' hea'? You're mine. No one else's."

"Get off of me!"

"Babe! Can you come down stairs and help me with lunch!" Kehmari called. Odell looked me in my eyes one last time before exiting my room.

The fact that Odell claimed me as his was what really shook me up.

"Hey Mara." Lucas said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh hey." I smiled at him.

<>

Yeah... I know Lucas is 18 in real life but he's 24 in the story. Amara: 22 and Kehmari: 24.

Sorry for the' short chapta'. Gotta make a schedule for my updates 🤔

Sierra in the MM 👑❤️

-Vote and Comment-