XXX

9 months later

I sat on the couch with Amara and rubbed her swollen feet.

"You okay Mara?" I asked as she closed her eyes.

"I'm doing so much better..." She moaned in bliss. I chuckled and continued to drive my thumbs gently into the soles of her feet.

Erica Maxwell

I sat at a fancy booth with my cousin Rachel.

"So how you been Erica? The family hasn't heard from you in a minute.

"Well I wouldn't have known that you were even still here in NC if you hadn't contacted me!" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I know, I know... I should've looked you up on Instagram earlier. But everyone misses you back home in Charolette..." she trailed off.

"You know I'd rather stay here than go back to that hell hole." I looked up at her from my menu angrily.

"I know Erica. But don't you think it's time to forgive them and him..?"

"Excuse me?! I'd never forgive that monster if my damn life depended on it." I raised my voice slightly, earning a few glares from other customers. I lowered my head apologetically.

"I know how you feel Erica and I understand, but it's best to forgive everyone including Brandon in order to move on with your life. If you hold such a deep grudge you'll never be able to be successful in life if that's always at the back of your mind." Rachel sighed. What she was saying was true, but it was easier said than done.

"I know but I-" my words were cut short as I caught a glimpse of Bryce in the corner of my eye.

"Rach! Turn around!" I whisper shouted.

"What?! What is it?!" She said frantically before turning around to see what I was looking at.

"Oh my god! Is that the guy you had been talking to recently? And who is that with him?" She pointed out. I snapped my head back to where she was pointing and my eyes widened as the brownskin girl he was with held his hand across the table.

I felt my blood boil as I watched the two interact.

That must be that Precious girl that he was on the phone with that day.

"Are you okay?" Rachel's voice I could faintly make out through the thousands of thoughts running rapidly wild in my mind.

As I continued to onlook at Bryce and his "significant other" he reached into his pocket and pulled out I small velvet box. I covered my mouth in shock, my eyes glossing over.

"O-Oh my god..." Rachel saw my reaction and reached for my hand, which I snatched away.

I watched in horror and shock as Bryce got on one knee, opening the box, revealing a large pink diamond atop a gold, white diamond encrusted band.

At this point, tears were rolling down my cheeks and my hands were balled into tight fists.

The woman covered her mouth and began to cry, shaking her head yes happily.