XVII

I sat in my locked up room and cried with Jase in my arms. I would never kill my own child. It was either I let him kill me or beg him to spare me if I gave him what he wanted.

A child.

I paused my crying at the thought of that. Maybe if I just had a child with him he would let me keep Jase. Either that or I could get Christina to take him to Daniel. That was a better idea, but I had to make sure that Tyson only knew that Jase was gone. That's all he had to know.

"Christina!" I called her. Within seconds, she was in my room with a confused look on her face. Tyson had went out with his boys, so it was just me and Christina here, which was the perfect time to get Jase out of here.

"Yes Amara?" She smiled uneasily.

"You remember how I told you Tyson wanted me to get rid of Jase?"

"Yeah... Tyson is so cruel. I wish I could help you and Jase escape, but if you leave the house that anklet of yours will alert him and I'll be killed."

"I know... But it's not about me. I need you to take Jase to his father's home. I should've thought of it earlier, but I didn't. Is that possible?"

"You mean Odell? And of course!"

"Oh hell no! You know about me and Odell's fall out girl! I'm talking about Daniel. That's the only person I trust right now. Besides, Jase hasn't been around his real father in a while, and until I can get out of here, he will be with him."

"Okay... Get him ready and I'll take him out. Wait! But what about the security cameras?! Tyson doesn't like Jase being out!"

"You'll just tell him that you took him out and drowned him in a lake somewhere."

"Alright."

•••

I handed Christina Jase's bag and a note I wrote to Daniel explaining my current predicament on the way out the door. She stuffed it in her purse and was off with my son.

•••

Christina Mayes

I pulled up to this Daniel guy's house and took a deep breath before approaching the door with Jase's hand in mine. What I was about to do was so dangerous, but I had to help Amara. Besides, Tyson would never find out that I did anything.

"Yes?" A tall lighter skinned Hispanic appeared at the door with a gorgeous body and tattoos up and down his arms.

"Listen, I don't have much time, but Amara's in danger. She told me to bring Jase to you because he and Amara were being held captive, but the man that is doing it wanted Jase killed, so I brought him here for Amara." I handed him the note she gave me and watched his eyes skin over the price of paper. His eyes darkened and he crumpled it angrily, not once taking his, now scary eyes, off me.

"I have to get back up on this one." He said in a deeper voice than before. A less forgiving voice.

"T-Thank you. I have to go because I'm being monitored by the man that is keeping Amara prisoner." I picked my purse up off the ground and ran back to my car that was still running, and sped off. If any more questions were asked, I would've spilled too much information. I hated Tyson with all my heart, and wanted to help Amara as much as I can, but Tyson was my boss and I had to do my job.

<>

Idek how I feel about this chapter 🤔 What y'all think?

-Vote and Comment-