XIV

"Why is this bitch here man." Brianna scoffed. I almost jumped at her throat before the officer behind me grabbed my waist and hoisted me into a chair on the opposite end of the table.

"Now, Ms. Brianna has been very open and cooperative with us for the time being so let's not stop because Amara is in the room." The man questioning her sat back in his chair.

"Let's take this from the top. Why did you shoot Amara?" He continued.

"Lucas has been spending a lot of time with his new girlfriend. I confessed my love for him but he said he would never love me. I told him I would do anything for him to be with me and leave his current girl. He said if I killed Amara then he would get back with me and help take care of the boys."

"So you did this for the sake of your sons, correct?"

"Yeah. But I definitely had no problem shooting Amara."

"Why?! I was there for you and the boys the entire time Lucas wasn't!" I interjected.

"No, you left me. I was broke when you left me. I didn't have anything and you were my only hope. You just up and left, you bitch."

"I was kidnapped! Did you know that?! I WAS ON MY WAY BACK TO YOU WITH FOOD FOR YOU AND YOUR KIDS! FUCK WRONG WITCHU! Pfftt. I'm out." I pushed my chair back and walked straight out that place. Brianna is ducking crazy man. No remorse for no one and jumping to damn conclusions. What even happened to her. She was so kind before when I first met her. I guess people change for all the wrong reasons.

I got in my car and headed to the house. I could really use a vacation. I hadn't realized I was speeding until I saw flashing police lights in my rear view.

Shit.

I groaned and got my license ready.

"Did you know you were going 74 in a 50 mile zone?" A handsome police officer rested his muscular arms on the rim of my open window.

"I'm so sorry sir. I just left the Detective's office and I have a lot on my mind. I didn't mean to." He asked for my license so I flashed it to him. A small grin crept across his face.

"Well, I'll leave you off with a warning for such a beautiful woman as yourself." He kissed my hand. I blushed and put my card back in the Michael Kors wallet I was carrying.

"Well missy, I hope to see you soon." He kissed my hand again and walked back to his car. I sighed a breath of relief and drove back home. I pulled up and saw an unknown car in the driveway. I got my stuff out the car and walked in through he garage door.

I came in the house and heard a female voice yelling. I sat my things down at the door quietly and snuck in the direction the voice was coming from and wounded up in the kitchen.

"I don't care Odell! I want you! You fucking cheated on your fiancé, my sister, for me! Isn't that saying something?!" Danielle shouted. My eyes widened. I covered my mouth to hold in the cries I didn't want to release just yet.

"I don't care Danielle! I love Amara and I only saw you as a one night stand! Easy pussy! You understand? That's your sister for crying out loud! I wouldn't have even fucked you if I knew that she was your blood mane!"