II

Amara Langston-Hughes
-
We left the hospital and hopped into Odell's car.

"I'll take you home." He said blandly before turning on the radio.

"Thank you... For everything." I smiled.

"No pro'lem ma'." He said kissing my hand again, making me blush.

He pulled up to my house and let me out.

"See you tomorrow... Call me." I said giving him my card. I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door, to be greeted by the sound of moaning.

"What the hell?" I asked myself before making my way upstairs. I flew open the door, only to see my boyfriend of 2 years, Daniel, having sex with someone other than me.

"Damn Daniel! Back at it again with another bitch-ass hoe!" I laughed at my joke.

"Mara! Please, I-"

"Shut he fuck up. I'm out." I cut him off. I rarely cussed, and coming from the Bronx you wouldn't expect that I didn't cuss all the time... Of course, not everyone from the Bronx were drug slinging, pussy popping, all around ghetto folk. I stuffed my things into the large suitcase I had and went into the bathroom to retrieve my hair and makeup products, finding a pregnancy test that read 'positive' in front of my flat iron. I picked up the flat iron and shook my head as Daniel came into the bathroom. Probably to try and hide the shit, but it was too late for that.

"Amara, please hear me out..." He started. I pushed him out of the way and went down the stairs, dragging my luggage along. Before he could get any closer, I smacked him as hard as I could and slammed the door behind me.

I now have no where to go. Maybe I'll just stay in a hotel for a little while.

I thought as I walked around the side of the house so he wouldn't find me and try to prevent me from leaving him.

I trudged through the woods for about 30 minutes until it dawned upon me that I could just ask to stay with someone I was close to. I pulled my iPhone 6s out of the front pocket of my MCM backpack and dialed my best friends number. It rang for a few minutes before he picked up.

"Hello?"

"It's me..."

"Oh shut up Amara! What you need baby girl?"

"Can I stay with you for a day or two? I caught Daniel cheating on me, and got the bitch pregnant. I left him. And now I ain't got no where to stay."

"Mara, you know I would help you, I really would... But I'm out of town right now, handling some business wit' Yo Gotti."

"The rapper? As in, 'Down in the DMs?' You have got to be kidding me! Gon' head Tray Bills!"

"Heh, dead ass, and you too much. But yo, I got to go so I'll call you later. Hope you find somewhere to stay."

"Okay, thanks Trayway"

"I told yo' skinny ass to stop calling me that! Shit sound gay as fuck..."

"Okayuhh. Thanks TRAY"