IX

He looked me into my eyes.

"Amara... I've always loved you. M-More than a friend... I-I've always had a crush on you, but I never knew how to tell you." His face was beet red.

Tray Bills {} Flashback

I stared at her breath taking beauty. Even though we were just in middle school, I was in love with her. She was smart, kind, caring, and gorgeous. We were just friends, and that was all she saw me as. I watched as her boyfriend, and school known fuck boy, come and kiss her.

Jealousy over took my body. I looked down as soon as his eyes met mine. I looked back up to find him standing in front of me.

"You looking at my girl?" Jason growled.

"N-No! Of course not! That's my best friend."

His fist connected with my face. Everyone turned their attention to me and him. His boys cheered him on. He smirked in satisfaction and kicked me in the stomach repeatedly. For a 14 year old, he fought like a grown man.

"Jason! Stop!" Amara ran over and kicked him square in the ass. He fell over with a thud as the whole school laughed in his shame.

"It's over, you jerk!" She screamed. I never thought she had it in her.

"Are you okay?" She offered her hand to me.

{}

I thought back to the day I fell deeply in love with Amara.

"Ever since you helped me that day... Back in middle school, I couldn't bring myself to tell you how I felt." I gripped her hands.

"I-I never knew Tray. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I was too scared. When I saw how Odell went through great lengths to show his love to you, I thought of how it could've been me doing the same." I smiled. I studied her soft, plump, pink lips.

Before I could refrain, I kissed her with no hesitation. It turned into a passionate kiss. My heart skipped multiple beats. I never thought this day would come...

"Amara. I don't know if you felt anything, but I felt a spark in that kiss." I looked at her with sincerity.

"I-I did Tray." My heart leaped inside my chest.

"Please be mine..." I got on one knee.

"I-I-I don't know what to say..."

"Just say yes." My voice quivered.

"I'm so sorry. I need time to think!" She ran upstairs before I could respond.

I shoved my head into my hands.

I've ruined everything...

Odell Beckham Jr.

I pulled up to Tray's place. I pulled the flowers and giant teddy bear out. My friend, Chris, as in Chris Brown, pulled up and got out.

"This the place?" He asked in disgust.

"Yeah. It's a dump, I know. This nigga too broke for my Mara."

I walked up and rang the door bell. Amara came to the door in some spandex and a sports bra.

Mnn... The things...

I shook the nasty thoughts out and focused in on her face.

Chris stepped out from behind me and she almost passed out. I smiled in accomplishment. Chris sang a song and as it came to a close, I got on one knee.

"Amara, even though I've known you for a short while, I feel like you are all I need. Will you marry me?"

Amara Langston-Hughes

I looked between Tray and Odell. Odell looked at Tray and smirked.

"Ohhh... I see what's going on. He told you he loved you right? And he wants you to go out with him?" He laughed coldly.

I looked at him in shock. I didn't find it amusing at all.

"Amara, I can't top him. It's clear. Just do what your heart tells you.

He got up and walked over to me. I stood in between the two as the pressure built.

"Who do you choose Amara?" Odell asked. I looked between them again and sighed.

"I choose..."

<>

I'm terrible, I know... But next chapter is gon be craazyyy (and a lot longer 😂😅) Just hang in there guys...

-Vote and Comment-