XXIX

"Care to explain?" Erica said, tapping her fingers on her folded arms. She glared at me as if she were staring daggers into my soul

"Erica, chill out I ain't got time for this." I sighed and rubbed my beard.

"I am chill Bryce. You're the one that's making a fool out of yourself. I heard everything so you might as well tell the truth." She said with a straight face. I honestly couldn't even read her.

"Don't worry about it, 'lul ma. I don't feel like going through it right now."

"Bet Bryce." She pulled her robe closed and turned around swiftly, heading back upstairs. I watched her ass bounce and groaned at how much of a fool I was. I'm about to really loose something good.

There was no point in lying to her if she had heard the whole thing, and honestly, it was my fault for not just sticking with my girl. But even so, it was something about Erica I just couldn't get enough of.

•••

I watched Erica walk out that door, and didn't even gain the balls to grab her, kiss her, and tell her to stay.

Erica Maxwell

I got into my car as a single tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and took a deep breath before starting up the car and leaving out of that driveway that I knew I wouldn't be pulling back into for a while.

Amara Langston-Hughes

Tray looked down on me angrily, and before I knew it, the back of his large hand connected with my cheek, causing me to fly to the floor.

"Who the fuck you think you talking to?!" He yelled.

Jase watched in horror as tears welled up in his eyes. I smiled at him weakly, just as I took another blow to the thigh.

I winced and held in my cries, while angrily staring at Tray. I stood up the best to my abilities and limped up the stairs, ransacking the entire upstairs, throwing as much of his shit as I could in a spare suitcase I had lying around, and chucked it down the stairs, straight at him.

"Get the fuck out!" I screamed.

"And who helping you pay for all this shit?! Me! Who the hell you kicking out of MY own home? Huh?!" He yelled after successfully catching the suitcase in his muscular arms.

"I'll manage just fine without your sorry ass!"

2 weeks later

I called Erica over to talk to about some sickness issues I had been having. Just as I had finished my conversation with her, I felt the incredible urge to throw up absolutely nothing, seeing as I hadn't eaten yet, so my stomach was empty.

I ran over to the toilet, in which I was followed quickly by Erica. I placed my hands on either sides of the toilet seat and gagged.

Erica Maxwell

I held Amara's hair up and kept a grip on it as she threw up her insides. I turned my head and shook my head, letting out a light chuckle. Once she showed signs of slowing down, she stood up and stumbled over to the bathroom sink to brush her teeth.