Chapter 6 - Shade

"Ooohhh... Both late. Both live in the same apartment building. Both arrive together... Looks like something is going on here." Tony laughed as Tim and Carter stepped off of the elevator. Carter's face went bright red. Gibbs, walking by, smacked Tony on the back of the head.

"Nothing happened, Tony. We both just overslept. I was at my apartment and she was at hers. I swear." Tim stumbled through his words. Tony leaned back and his chair and smiled. He could tell that Tim was lying.

"Well, whatever happened, I need you to get to work. I have a video conference with SecNav. I'll be back soon." Gibbs said as he set off to the stairs.

"So... What really happened last night?" Ziva smirked.

"...Nothing..." Carter said, looking down at the ground.

"Come on, probie! We know it's not nothing. Tell us. We won't tell Gibbs." Tony laughed.

"Alright fine... Tim came over to give me a pen I left in his car... I made a reference from Skyfall, which he had never seen. I offered for him to stay over and watch it. He brought some beer and chips from his apartment, and after a while we just feel asleep..." Carter explained, awkwardly.

"Oooooooohhhh! Sleeping in the same bed!... If you know what I mean." Tony raised one eyebrow.

"No! We didn't do anything! I swear!" Tim countered.

"Whatever... Anyways, Carter? You like Skyfall?"

"You must be joking." Carter smiled.

"Why, because I'm not wearing a lab coat?" They both laughed. Tim and Ziva sat there very confused.

"I love movies! They are like water to me. I need them."

"Me too! Finally! Someone around here who will understand my references!" Tony held his hand up for a high-five. Before she could respond, Gibbs had high-fived him.

"What is going on? I don't see anyone working." Gibbs asked. The four looked around at each other with guilty looks on their faces.

"We are sorry, Gibbs. We were just trying to get to know Carter. I would have thought you would be happy about that." Ziva said, sitting at her desk. Gibbs had no reaction. They sat in silence for a few minutes until Gibbs spoke again.

"Ziva. McGee. Go downstairs and find out how Abby is doing processing our evidence." The two obey and make their way to the elevator. When the door slid closed, Ziva started to laugh.

"What is it, Ziva?" Tim asked confused.

"Carter... She reminds me of Tony. She talks like him, has the same interests as him, they even sort of look alike... They would be a cute couple." Ziva smiled.

"A couple?! Tony and Carter?"

"You do not like that idea... Do you, Tim?" Ziva looked at him. His face was turning a bright shade of pink, "Do you like her, Tim?" There was no response. "Timothy McGee. Tell me."

"Yes. Okay? Yes I do. I've never met anyone like her... She's beautiful, Ziva." Tim said as the elevator door slid open. Abby was standing there waiting.

"Who's beautiful?! Tim! Who do you like?!" Abby asked excitedly. Tim sighed and explained to Abby his feelings about Carter.