Chapter 7 - Thinking

"Hey, McGeek! My computer isn't working! Come over and fix it." Carter said through the phone. A minute later Tim came through the door.

"What did I tell you about calling me that?" Tim asked.

"You said not to... But I'll still do it anyways!" She laughed. Tim made his way to her bedroom and opened her laptop. Looking over it he saw nothing wrong.

"Carter, tell me again what happened?"

"I was playing Tetris and the screen glitched out. It won't turn back on."

"Alright... Give me a minute. Do you have a little screwdriver?" Tim asked. Carter nodded and ran to the kitchen. While she was away all Tim could think of was how similar her and Tony were. It had been three weeks since Carter started her position at NCIS and more than once he has caught her and Tony saying the same thing at the same time. All the little things they did were so alike that if he didn't know any better he would have thought...

"Here you go, Tim!" Carter said, standing over him. He grabbed the screwdriver from her hand and before they knew it, it was fixed, "Great job, McSmarty Pants!"

"Carter!" Tim sighed.

"Oh alright, Tim. Don't let me have any fun... You know what? As a thank you, how about we order some pizza and watch a movie?"

"Sure. Sounds great." Tim smiled as he stood up.

About an hour later the two of them were watching Fast and Furious and eating a pizza. "Hey, Carter?" Tim looked down at her. She looked up at him and smiled.

"Yes, Tim?" Carter responded.

"We've been hanging out a lot these past three weeks... And I don't know much about you at all. Where are you from? What are you mom and dad's names? What's your favorite color?"

"Uhh... Well." Her heart raced, "I don't know where I was born... I was adopted when I was only a few weeks old from Toledo. I was then moved to Boise, Idaho with my adoptive parents, Lynn and Jeffrey... And my favorite color? Blue."

"You're adopted?! From Ohio?" Tim acted extremely surprised.

"...Yes... Is everything alright?" Carter questioned giving a fake smile.

"Yeah. Sorry... I just never would have guessed you were adopted... Listen, I'm getting tired. I'm going to head home."

"Alright. Goodnight, Tim." Carter said confused. Tim quickly got up and went back to his apartment. Thinking he had found a major link between Tony and Carter he called Abby.

"Hello, McTim!" Abby said on the other side of the line.

"Hey, Abbs... I have a question for you... I think I have a lead on something. Would you be willing to help me work through it?" Tim asked excitedly.

"Uh... Sure...? What's this about, Tim?"

"Okay. So Ziva and I have been thinking, Tony and Carter are a lot alike. The way they look. The way they talk. The things they enjoy. All similar. Well, I just found out that Carter is adopted... From Ohio... Where Tony is from."