Chapter 11 - Unofficial

"Carter? Are you alright?" Tim asked, sitting on the side of her bed. Carter's eyes fluttered open and danced around her room.

"How did I get here? What happened?" Carter asked, confused. She looked over to her clock and saw that it was almost midnight.

"You fainted when you found out that you and Tony were siblings. I brought you home, and you've been out ever since. I'm so glad you're awake." Tim pulled her close to him.

"Tim... Would you... Drive me by Tony's place?... I need to talk to him... About my... Our dad. I need to know who I am, Tim."

"Yeah. Come on." Tim stood up and held out his hands to help Carter up. She grabbed his hands and he hoisted her off of the bed. When they reached the car, Tim opened the passenger door for her.

The ride was spent in silence. It wasn't a far drive, but it felt like forever to Tim, who kept looking over to make sure Carter was still awake. Each time he looked she was sitting in the same position. Resting her chin on the palm of her hand staring out the window. Out of no where, Carter reached her hand over to grab Tim's, making him jump. "I'm so sorry, Tim!" Carter exclaimed, "I didn't mean to frighten you. I just... Needed to know that you were there." After that they went back to sitting in silence, fingers locked together.

"Carter? Do you want me to go in with you?" Tim asked, pulling the car into Tony's driveway.

"Maybe just for a minute... To make sure he's alright with my being there." The two of them exit the car and walk up to the front door of Tony's house. They knock, but without luck. "Do you think he's not home? Or sleeping?"

"He's home... The lights are on and his car is here... Don't worry. I know where he keeps the spare key." Tim made his way to the side of the house. Carter waited by the front door for a few minutes until Tim arrived back with the key. He slid the key into the door and opened it quietly. The two made their way to the living room to see Tony laying on the couch with a woman nuzzled up beside him.

"McGee! Carter! What are you doing in my house?" Tony asked when he noticed them. He looked slightly angry yet relieved.

"I'm sorry, Tony... I wanted to talk to you about some things... I didn't mean to interrupt you and..." Carter trailed off, not knowing who the woman was.

"Ryan Wellington..." The woman said.

"Uhhh... Carter. McGee... This is Ryan... My girlfriend... Ryan, this is my sister that I found out about today, and her little... Unofficial boyfriend, who is also my coworker." Tony said. Both Tim and Carter turned beat red.

"He's not my boyfriend!" Carter said defensively.