Chapter 33 - Deep Breath

*Tim's POV*

"Are you ready, McGroom?" A hazy vision of Tony asked.

We were standing at the front of a church. I could see everyone sitting in the pews except for Gibbs, Carter, and Abby. Music began to play and everyone turned around. I saw people walking down the isle but I couldn't make out any faces. Finally, I saw Gibbs' face. He was walking my bride down the isle.

"Tony... Who is it?" I asked. But he didn't hear me. Finally she reached the front of the church and took her place in front of me. I still couldn't make out who she might be. After a while of trying to figure it out I heard, "Timothy Farragut McGee, you may kiss your bride." As I lean in to kiss her, I saw her face.

"Ahh!" I screamed, waking up covered in sweat. I was not scared, just caught off guard. It didn't feel anything like a dream.

I reached over to my nightstand and scrambled around for my phone. When I finally got it I texted Tony.

Me: Tony. I had a dream. I know who I'm going to choose.

Tony: Good, McGoo. How are you going to tell the girls?

Me: Can you just make sure they are both in the bull pen when I get there?

Tony: Of course. Now get to sleep. 😴

The next day couldn't come soon enough. Tony offered to help me in anyway possible, I gave him a few things to get ready for me, including getting flowers for both Abby and Carter.

I decided that I should make myself look nice today since it could, very well be one of the most important days of my life. I put on a nice pair of grey slacks, a light blue button down shirt, a dark blue tie, and to top it off grab my best grey sport coat. "You can do this, Timothy. You've just got to believe in yourself." I gave myself a quick pep-talk while checking my hair in the mirror. Finally, I was ready.

I stepped outside and felt the crisp morning air on my face. Carter had already left, seeing as her car was no longer in the parking lot. I got into my car and I was off. When I arrived at NCIS, I hesitated. What if I am making the wrong choice? What if I hurt someone? I can't stop now, everyone is expecting my answer.

Ding!

The elevator doors slid open and I slowly walked out. I could see everyone looking over at me. When I said everyone, I meant everyone. Gibbs, Tony, Ziva, Vance, Ducky, Palmer, and of course Carter and Abby. I took a deep breath and walked over to the group. Tony passed me the two bouquets of roses. One black, and the other pink.

I handed the girls both their bouquets and stepped back. I looked to Tony and he nodded. Scanning the room I saw anticipation in everyone's eyes. The room went quiet as I ran over, spun her around, and kissed her. Abby. Beautiful, wonderful Abby.

"Tim... I can't do this... You love Carter... I can see it. I can't stand in between the two of you... Please, Tim. Choose her." Abby said. A tear dripped down her cheek. Carter looked up in shock.

"Abby..." Carter and I said at the same time.

A/N: Sorry to those of you who read it before I changed it, but I was given the idea and it was to good to pass up... I hope the five of you can forgive me 😂