Chapter 36 - Black Out

"Sorry we are late, Jethro... No matter how much I insist, Mr. Palmer refuses to use a GPS." Ducky said walking up to the crime scene, Palmer trailed close behind.

"I'm sorry, Doctor! I thought I could get us here." Palmer said.

"You always think that, Mr. Palmer. Now go grab our things."

"The poor guy." Carter looked over to Tim who was taking pictures of the petty officer's lifeless body.

"Carter, he has gotten lost on his way to almost every single crime scene. He should know better by now." Tim laughed, but his expression quickly dropped when he looked up.

"What's wrong?" Carter asked with a worried look on her face. She glanced over in the direction he was looking and saw two men with guns. Without even thinking she reached for her own.

"Don't even think about it Staff Sergeant Peterson." The taller man said.

"The rest of your team is inside. They aren't going to know a thing." The second man snarled.

"Carter, grab your..." Tim's words were cut of when he was hit in the back of the head.

"Tim! Ti..." A hand covered Carter's mouth. She tried to scream but couldn't.

*****

Carter sat up in the cold, damp, and dark room. Placing her hand to her head she could feel the stickiness of blood. Looking around she couldn't see much because her eyes were still trying to adjust. Finally, her eyes landed upon Tim. "Timmy!" She tried to speak, but her throat was to dry and felt like it was coated with something, "Tim?" She coughed.

Carter slowly moved onto her hands and knees and tried to crawl over to Tim but she was to weak. She fell to the ground and couldn't get back up. Her face was pressed against the floor that was caked with mud. Eventually she drifted off to sleep again.

"Carter?" A raspy voice came from Tim, who's throats was also dry and coated with the mysterious solution. Carter opened one eye as she tried to peel her body out of the mud, once again she fell. "Carter!" Tim's raspy voice couldn't get much above a whisper. He went to crawl over to her, but he too was far to weak to reach her. When he fell to the ground, though, he reached his hand out and let it rest on top of hers.

"Tim... Where are we?... How did this happen." Carter sputtered out between gasps for air.

"I'm... I'm not sure..." Tim pushed through with one tired breath, "But... Don't you worry... Gibbs, Ziva, and your big brother... Will come to find us."

"How long have we been here?"

"I'm not sure... I just woke up... Last thing I remember is... Is telling you to grab your gun." He squeezed her hand with all the strength he had and blacked out again.

"Tim?... Tim?" Carter asked, beginning to cry.