Chapter 27 - Different

"Well, McGee? Don't you have someone to talk to?" Gibbs asked, still standing in the elevator. Tim swallowed hard.

"Uh... Yes... Tony, may I speak with you? In private?" Tim asked awkwardly.

"Alright, McSquirmy. Let's go." Tony motions with a nod. Tim follows Tony with his heart racing. Tony led him to the back stairwell and stopped on a landing between floors. "McGee... I... I know neither of us have known Carter very long... I know we haven't fully had the time to process what is going on. I mean, she's my sister! Until a few months ago, I thought I was an only child! I guess... What I'm trying to say is, can you give us a little bit of time to let this all fully sink in? Then maybe if you still feel the same about her in a few months yo..."

"Tony. I love her. I can't wait." Tim interrupted.

"Timothy. She's my sister. And I say you wait. You don't make the older brother upset with you. You've known her for four months. You can't possibly know how you feel. Almost a month of that time she had no idea you even existed. Please. Wait."

"Tony... I... Fine. But just you wait. In a few months I will still be in love with her. Do you know why I'm willing to wait, Tony? Because I love her so much that I have faith she will still love me." Tim walked away, brushing arms with Tony as he walked past. Tony stood in silence as Tim trudged up the stairs. When he heard the doors close, he to went back to the bull pen.

"Carter... Can I speak with you?" Tim asked, hurriedly walking through. She looked over at Ziva who was equally as confused. Not knowing what to think, Carter got up and followed. As soon as they were gone, Tony walked in.

"Tony, what did you do?" Ziva asked as Tony sat on his desk. Gibbs looked over with a questioning look.

"She's my sister, alright?" Tony snapped.

"Anthony DiNozzo. What the hell did you do?" Gibbs slammed his hand down on his desk.

"I told him that it's too soon for him to say he's in love with her. He's only known her for four months. Heck I've only known her for four months and she's my sister! I just... I want us to all let it sink in. Things are different. We're different. Because of her. I just think we need to get to know her."

"Tony, are you jealous that she would rather spend her time with Tim than with you?"

"I just... I don't know okay? All I know is that things have been different since she's gotten here. We've been acting different. All of us."

"Especially you, Tony." Ziva said.

"Me...?" Tony looked at the ground, obviously thinking hard.

"Well..." Tim said, standing alone  at the entrance to the bull pen, his face red and swollen from tears.