Chapter 26 - More Than Anything

Promptly upon arriving in the bright orange office, Gibbs called Tim into the elevator. Carter, Tony, and Ziva all exchanged looks, equally confused.

Gibbs stopped the elevator between two floors with the emergency stop. "Uhh... Gibbs... Did I... Did I do something wrong?" Tim sputtered. Gibbs looked at him sternly. Not saying a word. "Gibbs. Please. Tell me what is going on."

"Why should I have to tell you. You should know. You've worked with me long enough to know what is going on." Gibbs said, the expression on his face remaining a constant. Tim stood in the corner perplexed. "Rule twelve, McRomeo. You know my rules. Why do you think that there is an exception for you and Carter? Her, I understand. She doesn't know my rules. But you. You should know better. You should know that this is not the place to be forming a relationship like that. It can hinder us from doing what we are supposed to do. Do you understand me, McGee?" The expression on Tim's face dropped. He leaned against the elevator wall and slid down to the floor. "McGee. What is wrong. You know better, you..."

"You don't understand, Gibbs. From the moment I first saw her I knew she was something special. Gibbs. I'm in love. Completely, absolutely, without a doubt in love. Gibbs, if you tell me that I can't have her, then I will quit. I can't give her up. I've never felt this way before, Gibbs. Please don't take that away from me." Tim looked up at Gibbs with tears glistening in his eyes, "I love her, Gibbs. I want to spend the rest of my life with her."

"McGee, you just met her a few months ago. You can't possibly feel that way." Gibbs said, switching the elevator back on.

"Gibbs, you can't tell me how I can and can't feel. I'm in love. Nothing can tell me any different." Tim stood up and put his face in Gibbs'.

"How does DiNozzo feel about this? After all she is his little sister..."

"I don't care how anyone else feels. All I care about is how I feel. And I feel that she is the most amazing woman I've ever laid eyes on. I love her more than life itself. Gibbs, please."

"Tim...?" Carter's voice came from around the corner. Tim hadn't noticed that the elevator doors had opened. His face turned a bright shade of red. "Tim... What you said... Do you really mean it?"

"Yes, Carter. I love you. More than anything." Tim said, awkwardly.

"McGee... If you promise that this won't effect your work, then I will let this continue... But... I would make sure it is alright with the protective older brother over there..." Gibbs said, motioning over to Tony.