Chapter 38 - Unresponsive

"Gibbs! We got a hit on the B.O.L.O.!" Tony exclaimed as Gibbs and Ziva exited the elevator.

"Where?" Gibbs asked stopping in his tracks.

"Fort Washington, Maryland." Tony replied, grabbing his things. The three rushed out of the building and to the charger.

"Ducky? We think we know where they are... You and Palmer better come with us in case they medical attention." Gibbs said, hanging up the phone. Ziva got in the drivers seat and raced off towards Fort Washington.

"Gibbs... Do you think that they are still alive?" Tony asked quietly.

"I sure hope so." Gibbs said without changing his expression.

"Me too." Ziva added.

*****

"Tim. I don't feel so good... At first I couldn't feel my legs, and now it's moving up my torso." Carter said, all of her weight was supported against the wall.

"Carter, you're going to be alright... I know it..." Tim said. Every time he tried to comfort her, he sounded more unsure. "You just have to hold, on. Ok?"

"I'm trying, Tim... I just... Feel so helpless." She said defeated.

*****

After what seemed like forever, Ziva sped into the driveway of an old Victorian home. The dark green SUV sat in the driveway. Not long after, Ducky and Palmer pulled up in the M.E. van.

"Tony, you take the back door. Ziva, you come with me." Gibbs directed as they got out of the car. They quickly ran to the front and back doors. "NCIS! Open up!"

*****

"Did you hear that?" Tim asked, shaking Carter who was asleep on his shoulder.

"Huh? What?" Carter asked, groggy and confused. They heard the door get kicked open and the repeated 'clears'.

"Carter. It's the-" Tim was interrupted by a blast. He and Carter were tossed across the room. "Carter? Carter?" Tim stood up and stumbled around the room. His vision was blurry, but finally he could see her laying on the ground, unconscious. He grabbed her arm and shook her. "Carter! Carter wake up!"

"Tim?" A voice came from above him. He couldn't make out who was speaking to him because of the ringing in his ears.

"Who's there?" He hollered back.

"It's Tony! Where are you?"

"I don't know... But Carter needs help... Quick." As he said this there was a pounding coming from the wall.

"Stand back!" Tony yelled from the other side. Finally Tony, Gibbs, and Ziva broke through the wall, Ducky and Palmer followed behind.

"McGee, are you alright?" Gibbs asked walking up to him.

"I am... But Carter isn't." Tim broke down in tears, "Where did the explosion come from?"

"We aren't sure yet..."

"Gibbs. Call 911." Ducky said, standing up from Carter's side. Gibbs grabbed his phone and walked outside.

"Oh my god. She's gonna die! Isn't she?" Tim asked frantically.

"I do not know, Timothy. She is unresponsive right now... The only way to tell is by CT scan." Ducky said.

"But after an explosion, who knows." Palmer said with a chuckle. Tony slapped him hard on the back of the head. "Ow! What the heck?"

"Not the time, Palmer." Tony said. Tim looked at Tony with tears running down his face. He was covered in gashes, soot, and mud.

"It should have been me." Tim said, hanging his head.