Chapter 14 - Another

"So... We are siblings... I think we need to know some things about each other. We have to tell each other the deep stuff." Tony smirked.

"The deep stuff?" Carter laughed.

"Yeah." Tony laughed back, knowing what Carter was trying to start.

"Uh-oh... Like what?"

"Like, uh... What's your favorite color?"

"Well, now you've stepped over the line." Carter started to laugh harder, but was stopped by the sharp pain in her side.

"Who knew that quoting The Hunger Games could hurt someone." Tony laughed, but Carter had no reaction. She looked pained. "Oh, jeez. Carter, are you alright?"

"Yeah... I'll be fine." Carter forced out. She was breathing heavy at this point. Tony grabbed her hand and held it in his. Slowly, Carter drifted off to sleep. Tony sat watching her. A sister. His sister. Never would Tony have thought he would have a sibling. His whole life he had been told he was an only child, why should he believe any differently? But now, now he has a little sister. Someone to protect, and watch over. Someone to call family.

*****

Ding!

"Alright. I need everyone's attention." Gibbs called out as he stepped off of the elevator. All the heads in the room turned to him and a silence coated the room. "Last night, one of my agents was shot. She believes it may be linked to her time in the marines. If anyone has ANY leads on and Iraqi man, of about 30 years of age, and approximately five and a half feet tall, let me or one of my team know ASAP." When Gibbs finished speaking, everyone's heads turned back to their computers. "And I mean that."

"Gibbs! What is going on?" Ziva ran over with confusion covering her face.

"Carter was shot. She's in the hospital and Tony is with her. We need to find that bastard and take care of him for good." Gibbs looked over to Tim, who was pale and shaking, "Tim. Are you sure you should be working this case?"

"I'm positive, Gibbs." Tim nodded his head.

"Alright, fine... Go get Abby, Ducky, and Palmer. Meet the director, Ziva, and I up in MTAC in ten." Gibbs said. Tim ran to the elevator and repeatedly pressed the button until the doors opened. Once he was gone, Gibbs and Ziva headed upstairs to the directors office, but before they could reach it, Ziva stopped Gibbs.

"Is he alright?" Ziva asked in a concerned tone.

"I don't know, Ziva... He found her on the ground with blood pouring out of her. He cares about her... A lot. I don't know how he could be alright." Gibbs said, his eyes glistened with the tears that had built up. "We've lost to many agents, Ziva... I can't lose another."