Chapter 34 - Think

"Abby..." Carter and Tim said at the same time. Everyone froze in their tracks, not knowing how they should respond.

"We will leave..." Director Vance said, looking at everyone else. They quickly made their way up the stairs and out of sight.

"Abby. He chose you... Why are you doing this?" Carter asked, her eyes watering.

"Because Carter. I see the way he looks at you... He doesn't look at anyone else like that. You're something special to him, I can see that." Abby said as a tear slipped down her cheek.

"Abby... Please, never forget how much I love you... Thank you." Tim smiled and pulled her into a hug. He let go and moved over to Carter. Putting his hands on her shoulders he said, "Carter. Abby's right. You're something special to me... Can you forgive me?"

"Of course, Timmy." Carter said. She put her arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss. Abby giggled, causing Carter to pull away and turn around. "What?"

"Looks like they didn't want to miss anything." Abby pointed up to the doors of MTAC, where the team was watching, smiling. Carter looked over Tim's shoulder and laughed. Looking into his eyes, she pulled him in for another kiss.

The day of work quickly came to a close, and Tim and Carter rode to their apartments together. Tim was acting anxious the whole way there. When they arrived he quickly told Carter goodbye and ran to his apartment. Carter, thinking it was strange, went to her apartment and sat on her bed. She screamed joyfully into her pillow, thankful that Tim and herself were back together.

About an hour later there was a knock on the door. Carter opened it, revealing Tim with a giant bouquet of red roses. "Tim! What on earth are these for?" Carter grinned.

"For you. Because I'm a stupid guy who screwed everything up a month ago. I never should have let you go." Tim said.

"Tim, it's not all your fault. I'm to blame as well. I very well could have stood up to Tony and told him to let me live my life, but I fell captive to his manipulation... Tim, I'm just happy that you're mine again." Carter rambled before planting her lips on Tim's. He set the flowers on the table and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I love you, Carter Lynn."

"I love you, too, Timothy Farragut."

"Hey... I have a question for you..." Tim said, leaning back from their kiss, "How about we move your stuff down to my apartment. Share the rent. Make it more affordable for the both of us." Carter laughed. "What?"

"I know that you're not worried about making your rent more affordable." she laughed, "You just want me in your bed."

"Ok... That may be true... But come on... At least think about it." Tim said. He looked at her with puppy dog eyes.

"I'll think about it..." she got a smirk on her face.