Chapter 32 - Feel

"Hey, Abby." Tim said, walking into her lab the next day.

"Well... Have you given it some thought?" Abby asked, not turning away from her computer screen.

"I have, Abbs... But I haven't decided yet."

"Then why did you come down here?" She asked, still staring at her computer.

"I want to talk to you both, individually." He said, she finally turned to look at him, "Abby... I never want to lose you, promise me that no matter what happens, I won't lose you."

"You won't, McGee. I love you too much." Abby gave a faint laugh, "What else did you want to talk about?"

"I want to know how you feel."

"How I feel? Tim, I've felt the same way since we had our first date... I love you. I always have... When you came down to the lab the other day, I was so excited for our date even though I knew you were just using me. Tim... At this point, I'm just happy to be in your life."

"I'm happy you're in my life, too." Tim smiled. His phone buzzed and he looked down to see a text from Gibbs. "Sorry, Abbs. That's Gibbs. I've got to go."

"Bye, Tim." Abby smiles as the elevator doors slid shut.

Ding!

"Hey, boss. What's up?" Tim asked as he sat in his desk.

"I need you to run some B.O.L.Os for me." Gibbs dropped a stack of papers on his desk.

The rest of the day at the office seemed like forever to Tim. All he wanted to do was get home and go talk to Carter. Having to make this decision was killing him, but not having either Abby or Carter was even worse. Finally, it was time to go home.

Tim raced home so he could change his clothes and look a little more presentable to go talk to Carter. About a half hour after he arrived home he was ready. He left his apartment and walked down four doors to Carter's. He swallowed hard before knocking on the door. Carter opened it and was surprised to see Tim standing there.

"Hey, Tim..." Carter said awkwardly.

"Hey, Carter... Mind if I come in?" Tim asked.

"Not at all. Come right on in." Carter opened the door wider and let him in, "Have you... Uh... Thought about what is going to happen?"

"Yeah. A little bit... I talked to Abby earlier, and I wanted to talk to you as well... No matter what happens, I don't want to lose you. Promise me, I won't lose you."

"You won't, Timmy. You were my first friend here... How could I give you up?" Carter smirked.

"I'm honored." Tim laughed, quickly gaining his composure, "How do you feel?" Things went silent.

"Confused, I guess... Hurt. You said you loved me more than anything... I'm not sure about that anymore... But what can I expect. You are my first love... No one ever ends up with their first love. I guess life really isn't like a fairytale after all."