Chapter 25 - So Long

Two weeks into Carter's boot camp arms she was excelling high above the other recruits. All of the officers had been informed of her current state by Gibbs. He and McGee had been watching from afar in case anything were to happen.

In the middle of a training exercise, Carter froze. "Peterson. Are you alright?" asked one of the officers.

"Why... Why am I here?... I finished with the marines months ago... Where's Tim?" Carter sobbed. She looked tired and confused.

"I don't know where he is at the moment, but I will..." The sergeant was cut off by Tim.

"Carter! Oh my god... I thought... I had lost you... I thought... you'd never remember me." He babbled in between the kisses he would plant on Carter's lips.

"What's going on? What do you mean you lost me?" Carter pushed Tim back. She looked around baffled.

"Carter, you went into a state of shock when Scarlet showed up... You forgot who all of us were. You went back to being the person you were when you had last seen her." Gibbs explained.

"I'm so sorry... I don't know how I could ever forget any of... Tony. Where's my brother?" Carter froze. No one could answer her fast enough. "Where's my brother?" She hollered and ran towards the charger.

"I don't know... He's been spending most of his time away from the office... Something about Ryan keeping his mind off of your, previous, state."

"Someone call him... Please? I just want my big brother." Carter slumped down to the ground. Her emotions were running wild after the crazy day she was having. She sat there on the ground for what seemed like hours, until she finally heard his voice.

"Get off the ground, you goof!" Tony said, walking up behind her.

"Tony! I'm so glad you're here. I'm so sorry for scaring you like that. I didn't mean to, I promise." Carter jumped up, and wrapped her arms around his neck with tears streaming down her face.

"Hey, calm down. It's okay. I'm not at all mad. I'm just glad that you're alright. I was so worried about you... I mean, we finally met and then you forgot about me!" Tony laughed.

Carter smiled and hugged him tight. After some time of reuniting the four, they made their way back to the office. Gibbs and Tony in one car, Tim and Carter in the other, giving them the privacy they needed after so long apart. "I'm so happy you're back. It broke my heart thinking about what could've happened. Carter Lynn, I love you more than... Anything." Tim whispered, grabbing her hand.

"I love you, too, Timothy Farragut." Carter smirked.