Chapter Twenty-Seven

Patrick's POV

I stared at my best friend in complete shock. He what?! I stared at Pete, trying to figure out what I was going to say. I didn't like him that way. What could I do? 

I was about to say something when Rose stepped out.

"Din..."She let her words trail off and then suddenly she turned around and went back in. 

I was alone with Pete again. I really wasn't sure what I could say to him.

"Patrick..."His voice shook a bit.

I looked at him. "Uhm...Pete..." 

"Yes?" He looked like he was going to fall apart.

"I love Rose..."I paused, trying to gather my thoughts. "I love you Pete just not in that way. You're my best friend, I'm sorry that I don't feel the same way you do."

Pete sighed, it almost looked like he was going to cry. What did he think I was going to say? He had to have known this was the way I was going to react. 

"I get it..."Pete said sadly.

I walked up to him and patted his shoulder. "Come on, man. Let's go eat." 

I gave him smile and he gave a sad one in return. We both walked in and my nose was immediately filled with food. It smelled so good and there she was. Her beauty was breathtaking and the funny thing is that she didn't even know it. I pulled her into my arms and kissed her on the cheek, she just blushed and playfully pulled away.

                                                             Pete's POV

I couldn't stand the quiet anymore. What could be going on in his head? 

"Patrick?" Damn my shaky voice!

He looked at me. "Uhm...Pete."

Oh god. This is it, this is where he is going to tell me that he doesn't like me. What was I thinking? How could I possibly think that he would like me back? Maybe it's because of Rose....

"Yes?" I couldn't control my emotions, I just didn't think I could handle it. 

"I love Rose..." He paused and my heart sank. "I love you Pete just not in that way. You're my best friend, I'm sorry that I don't feel the same way you do."

 I sighed, sad. I knew he was going to say that but it still hurt a lot. I could barely handle the heartbreak...it would be so embarrassing if I cried in front of him. What was I thinking? Damn you Rose. 

"I get it..."I didn't even try to hide the sadness.

He patted my shoulder, "Come on, man. Let's go eat."

He smiled and I smiled back still sad. We both walked in and was engulfed by the smell of Rose's cooking. Why did it have to smell so damn good? Why did she have to be a good cook? I watched as the man I loved pull her into his arms and kiss her cheek. If only it was me. I glared at Rose while she wasn't paying attention. If I get rid of her, Patrick would be mine. Of course, at first, he would be hurt badly. But I would be there to help him and eventually he would fall for me. Perfect.

Now to figure out how to get rid of her.

                                                             Rose's POV.

I was really curious to what they were talking about but didn't want to bring it up while we were eating. Pete looked pretty upset about something. I watched in silent for a few moments as everyone ate. I felt awkward speaking. 

"So..."I said after taking a bite.

They continued to eat. Pete glanced up at me and I could of sworn he was glaring at me for a second. Now, he's smiling and it looks quite forced.

"This is really good." Pete said.

"Thanks," I smiled a smile I hope that didn't come across as fake. 

"Babe...this is sooo good." Patrick smiled as he shoved in another bite. I couldn't help but laugh.

Dinner was over and we were left alone. Pete left in a hurry. Apparently, he had some unfinished business to take care of.  

"So, what did you to talk about?" I asked Patrick once we were settled down on the couch. We were going to watch Zombieland, which was my favorite movie. 

"Uhm." Patrick blushed as he rubbed the back of his head. "Pete confessed his love to me."

I knew it. "Oh, I'm sorry... it must of been really awkward." 

He nodded. "Yeah, hopefully he'll get over it soon."

I just nodded in returned. 

After the movie, I was exhausted. 

"Ready for bed?" Patrick asked as he stood up stretching.

"Yeah!" I smiled. "What did you think of the movie?"

He opened the bedroom door, "It was funny. Twinkies." He chuckled.

"I suddenly want Twinkies." I joked.

He smiled as he climbed in. I jumped in and snuggled close to him.

"So," he asked after a few moments passed.

"Yes?"

"Are...you doing okay?"

I felt cold. "Yeah, why?"

"I'm just making sure..."He pulled me into his arms.

My mind was instantly filled of Adam and I shivered a bit. I've been trying my hardest not to think of him at all. I felt like I would break again if I let those thoughts back in. I know Patrick was trying to make sure I was good but I don't think he understands that I don't want to be reminded of those days. 

I snuggled into his arms and tried my hardest to block those thoughts.

                                                                       Pete's POV

It's been a few hours since I've left Patrick's house. I still haven't came up with a plan. I've just been walking around my house aimlessly. I need something to distract me. I looked over at my phone and saw that my ex texted me. Maybe I could spend a night with her and that'll help clear my mind. 

I picked up the phone and called her.

"Hey sexy," She sounded a bit drunk.

"Hey...wanna come over?" I asked, hoping I sounded interested. 

"Totally babe." She hung up the phone.

The night was uhm eventful to say the least. I wasn't completely satisfied by her, all I could think about was Patrick. Damn him. 

After she left an idea came to my head. I know how I can get Rose away from Patrick now. Or so I hope.

(Hope you guys enjoy!!! I kind of want to start dedicating people to chapters... anyone be interested? Let me know in the comments :D Till next time :3)