Chapter Forty-One

Author's Note: If life could stop punching me in the stomach, that would be great. 

                                                                                  Bree

      I hung up and smiled. I wonder if I could get close to Pete. Pete was my next target if I couldn't have him I could just as easy take Patrick from Rose. I mean come on, she believes I want to apologize? Fuck that. I just have to pretend to be nicey nicey for a while.

     I wandered over to my closet, searching for the perfect outfit. I mean I could wear a band tee and black skinnies but I wanted something sexier. If I wanted to attract Pete's attention, I have to look my best. I smiled as my eyes landed on my black dress. It was long sleeved and went midway on my thighs. It had cuts down that side that was held together by ties down the length. It was a scoop neck so my boobs always look awesome in this dress. It insinuated my curves. I was definitely far more attractive than Rose. No wonder it was so easy to take her first boyfriend. 

      I smile in the mirror once the dress is on. I slip on my black heels. Once make up was on, I was ready to hit the door. I picked up my phone and dialed Rose's number as I started the car.

"Hello?" She answered, she sounded slightly off.

"Hey, it's Bree. I'm heading over okay?" I spoke as I headed her way.

"Okay." She answered, was there panic in her voice? 

"See ya!" I hung up the phone, taking a deep breath. 

I arrived at her place fifteen minutes later and stepped out of the car. My heart was racing and my chest was tightening a bit. I raised my fist to the door and knocked. Rose answered and she appeared much paler and sicker than I remember. She looked like she's been through hell and back. Curiosity began to eat at me. Maybe if she tells me what's been happening that will help me with my plan. 

"Hey, Bree." She opened the door, allowing me to come in. 

I wandered into her home and immediately saw a picture of Rose and Patrick. Rose looked so much happier. It looked like it was taken shortly after our dispute. I walked pass the picture, through the kitchen and into the living room. I plopped down on the uber comfy sofa and watched as Rose sat down next to me. 

"How have you been?" I spoke, feigning worry 

She studied me for a second, her green eyes suddenly made me uncomfortable, it felt like she could right into my soul. I gulped.

"Fine. you?" She answered, I could tell getting information out of her was going to be hard.

"I'm good, just been working a lot." I answered. 

She shifted and sat cross-legged, facing me. She was looking passed me however. It looked like she was seeing someone else there. Fear flicked across her face, if I were to blink I would of missed the look. What the hell?

"Oh, how's Todd doing?" She asked, curiously.

Uggh, Todd. "Oh, we broke up a couple months ago. He cheated." I said, it still stung a bit to talk about. 

"Well, once a cheater, always a cheater." She said plainly.

She seems so different. Harder maybe? What happened to her usually easily to break and super nice self? My eyes wandered down and shocked filled me. How come I'm just noticing she is pregnant?!

"Yeah.." I paused for a moment. "How far along are you?"

Fear filled her green eyes again then just as fast as it appeared it disappeared. Weird. 

"Oh. 7 months." She responded. The tone of her voice told me not to ask any questions but I didn't care.

"Oh nice! Patrick's baby right?" I asked. 

She looked at me. "No." 

She cheated!  I couldn't wait to throw it in her face. "So, whose baby?" 

She didn't respond. She was staring passed my shoulder again. Who is behind me?! When I turned there was no one. Weird. Is she insane now? 

"Come on Rose, you can tell me. I won't judge. Did you cheat?" The moment the words came out, I instantly regretted. Why? I don't know. Something just seemed so off about Rose.

She glared at me with intense hate that I had to back away from her some. I guess I stroke a nerve. 

"No, I didn't cheat. I was raped." Each word came out so coldly. 

I looked at her in shock. "R-raped?" The word could barely come out of my mouth. No one wondered she seemed so off. 

"Yeah, I would NEVER cheat on Patrick. He is the love of my life." She suddenly was looking at me intensely.

"O-okay." I looked away from her, feeling a bit less confident before. 

"Nice dress. Why are you dressed up?" She asked as she stared at my dress.

I suddenly didn't feel comfortable in this dress, what the hell is going on with me? 

"O-oh. I just wanted to look good for me, ya know." I answered, quietly. 

"Oh, that's nice." She was looking passed my shoulder yet again.

"Okay, what the hell are you looking at?" I couldn't ignore it anymore.

She looked at me startled. "O-oh nothing."

Nothing my ass but I wasn't going to press on that anymore. 

The door opened and she jumped a bit then suddenly her face was filled with pure happiness. I couldn't wait to destroy that feeling. Pete and Patrick wandered in. Patrick paused, a glare forming on his angelic face as his eyes laid on my face. Oops. Pete stood oddly close to Patrick. 

"What is she doing here?!" Patrick asked, angrily. 

"Patrick, she wanted to talk and apologize." Rose said carefully. 

Patrick just sighed. "Okay. Well, we're taking a break. Champions is finally done." 

Fall Out Boy is making new music? What the heck, man I'm so behind.

Rose got up and hugged Patrick close to her, which was hard because her stomach was protruding out too much. He kissed her and instant jealousy filled me. How was I suppose to get him to like me when he seems so obsessed with her?! 

Wait. Maybe I could convince him she's too unstable to be with him. She is acting weird. Maybe she will tell me some things that I could use against her. I'll just have to wait for some more alone time with her. 

(here ya go!!!!!! sorry i suck at updating. family drama is at it's max lol)