Chapter Thirty-Three

Rose's POV

Adam snickered as he stared at me. He knew Patrick couldn't see him. Was he a figment of my imagination or a ghost come back to haunt me? I just stared at him in shock, my body felt like it was filled with ice.

"What's wrong?" Patrick kept staring at me.

I wanted to answer him but I couldn't. I couldn't tear my eyes away from Adam's face. Adam just smiled and reminded me to be quiet. He turned away from and then disappeared from my sight. My body kept shaking as I stared at the empty space he was just in. Patrick walked over to me and placed a hand on my cheek, making me look up at him.

"Rose..what's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost." Patrick's eyes were filled with worry.

"I-it's nothing," I tried to keep my voice from shaking so much.

"Are you sure?" He asked, still touching my cheek.

I nodded. "Yes, I am sure. Sorry, just still stuck thinking about my nightmare, I guess."

He frowned. "I'm sorry, love."

I smiled a small smile and stood up. "I just need to take a shower, I think that'll help me."

"Alright, I'll go see if I can save the food." Patrick half smiled.

I watched as he left before I walked into the bathroom. Once in, I turned the water on and turned around. I wished I didn't. My face looked so washed out. I just didn't look myself. I had just begun to take off my shirt, I don't remember putting it on or Patrick getting into his boxers, when I heard someone clear their throat. When I turned around, there was Adam standing there, staring at me. I gasped and quickly pulled back my shirt.

"Aw, don't do that. I loved the way you looked naked, dear." He smiled, his blue eyes bore into mine.

I gulped and closed my eyes. Please don't be real, I kept repeating in my head. When I opened my eyes, he was still there. I groaned.

"Please leave me alone..."I whispered.

"Ah, and why would I do that? I miss you." He walked up to me and I felt like I was going to faint.

I decided the best thing I could do was ignore him and maybe he would leave me alone. I turned towards the shower and turned it on. I stripped and felt so vulnerable with him staring at me like he was. I felt him pull me to him and I began to have a panic attack, I started crying.

"You still feel so soft, what a shame he is still around, don't you think?" Adam whispered into my ear.

I pulled away from him, shaking, as I turned on the water. I climbed in, crying. When I turned around, he was gone. I just stood there as the water hit my back, just crying. I thought this was over with. I thought I had gotten over him. I felt myself feeling sick again and sighed. I turned towards the water in hopes that it would help relax me.

I got out as soon as my skin started to turn red. I dried myself and quickly got dressed. I walked out of the bedroom and wandered into the kitchen. Patrick looked so silly as he struggled to fix what I messed up. Patrick is usually an excellent chef, I guess what I did isn't savable. He cursed as he burned himself and I took that as my cue to step in and help.

"Oh, hey" he looked up at me before he went back to pulling the pan out of the oven. "Was your shower nice?" He asked as he set the pan on the stove.

I nodded. "Yeah, it went well. Need help?"

"Nah, I was able to save it. Luckily, you forgot to put it into the oven otherwise we would of had a fire and burnt food on our hands." He leaned in a kissed my forehead and smiled.

I smiled back and went to set the table. I was just about to take my first bite when I noticed something in the corner of my eye. I turned my head and regretted it, instantly. Adam was standing at the stove, messing with the spoon. How is Patrick not noticing this?

"Rose.." I could hear Patrick speaking but I couldn't turn away from Adam.

"Rose.." He said again and I finally turned towards him.

"Sorry, thought I saw something." I quickly took a bite of food and tried my hardest not to turn around.

"Oh...okay." Patrick looked at me worried.

He's been giving me that same look a lot recently. Am I that crazy or something that he is constantly worrying? I sighed. Patrick doesn't deserve someone like me. The thought hurt but it was the truth. If I were to leave he wouldn't have to deal with me. I stared at him as he talked and ate. He was truly amazing and so incredibly sexy. Any girl would want him. The question I had asked myself such a long time ago came back. Why me?

The night went well, just eating and watching a movie. Adam didn't make another appearance and I felt so much better. I hated seeing him. I just wish he would leave me alone. Why is he even back? What is he? Why am I seeing him? So many question and no answers. I couldn't go to anyone about this. They'll just say I'm crazy....but what if they are right?

As I laid next to sleeping Patrick, I decided to plot my leave. I have to go. I want Patrick to just be happy and not constantly worrying. He deserves only the best and that's just not me. I can't be around anyone if I'm constantly seeing Adam. I looked over at Patrick and smiled. He looked so peaceful and cute as he slept. I would miss that.

I would miss his laughs, his smiles, and his especially his hugs. I would miss how he made me feel when he kissed me or when he told me he loved me. I would miss everything about him. My heart tightened as I thought about leaving. I had to do this otherwise things will just get worse for Patrick.

(Hope you guys enjoy!!!! :D Sorry for the late reply, I'm working again. Should I make her leave or should she stay?? :p)