Alone Together (a Patrick Stump fanfic)

I never have been one for the lovey dovey type of stories nor ever did I want to live like one. That all changed when I met Patrick Stump. Now, this isn't your average love story and there is no happy ending because there is no ending yet. Just be warned, there are more downs than ups in this story. "I found love in hopeless place"...as that song went or something like that.. Well anyways, here is my story. Enjoy. 

"Damn it! Rose how many times do I have to tell you not to post that shit on Facebook?!" My mom yelled at me as we were in the car on the way to the store. I stared out the window, hurt but ignored her.

"Do you really want people to think you are depressed? Or is it the attention that you are craving? We have family, Rose, that reads that stuff." She paused, sensing my hurt feelings. Her voice soften a bit."Please..I love you, you know that right? Just watch what you put on Facebook." She sighed  as she made a left turn onto the road that led us to the store. 

After we parked, I got out of our car and just followed her. We spent thirty minutes at the store getting a small load of groceries. We split up after the groceries were unloaded. She was starting the car while I put the shopping cart away. When I was putting the cart away, I bumped into someone. 

"Sorry." I didn't look up, I was too embarrassed.

"It's okay, we just didn't see each other." A familiar voice filled my ears. 

I looked up and had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things. It really was Patrick, the Patrick Stump. Who is now looking at me like I was crazy. Great, my idol thinks I'm crazy.

"Are you alright, ma'am?" He was very polite, though he could tell I was a fan. Probably by my face. This was so not how I wanted to meet him.

Must play it cool. Act as if you've never met him. "I-I'm fine..."I stuttered. 

"Rose! What is taking so lon..."My mom's voice trialed off when she noticed I was talking to someone, "Who are you talking to?" She asked.

"Uh! Mom, hold on. I bumped into him and am apologizing." I blushed crazily. 

Patrick just chuckled,

"Well, hurry up. You're not confessing your love to him." All the blood ran from my face as my mom spoke. I was horrified. 

"I am so sorry, sir!" There, good. Don't act like you know him.

He  smiled, amused. "Well, it's okay. Go back to your mother before she embarrasses you more." He smiled once before he walked away. 

I was on cloud nine and there was no way anything could take this feeling away. I got into the car with a huge smile plastered to my face.

"So, who was that?" My mom asked after we brought the last load of groceries into the kitchen. 

"Oh.. that was Patrick." And I just left at that. 

Later that evening, I found myself internet stalking Patrick. My thoughts drifted back the afternoon and replayed it over and over again in my head. I didn't pay attention to my phone, my computer or anything else. I just focused on the memory of my life. A few moments passed when my phone started to buzz. It was my boyfriend, Todd.

I answered, "Hey, Todd!" 

There was a pause. "Hey, Rose. We need to talk."

That didn't sound good. "Sure, where?"

Fifteen minutes later I was at Todd's house. My best friend's car was parked out front. I parked behind her, not thinking much of it, and stepped out into the fridged night air. Cold air rushed around me, biting at my cheeks and nose as I hurriedly made my way to the front door. I knocked and it was my best friend who answered the door.

She didn't look so well. "Hey, Bree you okay?"

She didn't answer, she just led me to the living room. Todd sat there, very somber like. Did his mother die? I looked around, slightly panicked. A sigh of relief filled me when I heard his mother's voice. It sounded like she was on the phone. I went and sat on the recliner that faced the couch. 

Bree sat next to Todd. She was oddly close to him. Then it hit me and boy did it hit me hard. My heart stopped and a sense of dread filled me. I was beginning to feel sick.

"You okay, Rose?" Bree asked, sounding worried.

I just nodded.  Todd cleared his throat before he began to speak. "Rose, Bree and I, well..." He paused trying to gather the words. In the meantime, tears threatened to leave my eyes. 

I fought against the pain and listened. "We, well we slept together." It hurt even though I knew what he was going to say. Bree looked scared and nervous at the same time. She leaned into Todd for comfort.  I just sat there in semi-shock.

"Bree and I talked about it and decided that we should start to date. So...this is it." He said, he sounded so cold and detached. Not the usual playful Todd that I knew and came to love. 

I stood up and nodded. I was going to have a panic attack and needed to leave. So, I put on my big girl pants and smiled.

"Good for you two! Now, I must be going." Each word hurt because I was fighting the urge to cry. 

Bree stood up and went to hug me, I pulled away. "Don't touch me!" I snapped at her and she cringed away.

I had to say one last thing before I could grieve. Something that might help me. "Todd, I mad at you but not as mad as I am with Bree." I turned  to her and spoke in a hushed tone. "Fuck you! You knew I was having issues and he was the only guy who truly like me for me. But no, you couldn't have that could you? I fucking hate you and I NEVER want to ever see you again! Delete my shit. I don't talk to backstabbers." I smiled at the shock Bree and walked out the door. 

I welcomed the cold air as I walked to my car. I got in and screamed. My fists slammed against the steering wheel as my vision was blurred by tears. I couldn't breath and my chest hurt so badly. My head went back against the head of the chair as I cried. I stayed like that till I couldn't cry anymore. Once my eyes hurt and my throat was raw, I drove away. 

On the way there I turned on my radio. Fall Out Boy filled my car and I sung along with Patrick as I made my way home. I could feel my phone buzz but I ignored it. I didn't want to speak to anyone. I just wanted to listen to Patrick's voice till I felt better. 

When I arrived home, silence welcomed me home. Everyone was asleep. I looked at my phone. Shit, it was nearly midnight. When I had left it was closer to eight-thrity. I sighed and went to my room. Once the door was closed I let myself cry some more. I looked at the Fall Out Boy poster above my bed and tried to smile. I met Patrick today! Even that didn't work. There was a vast hole in my chest where my heart used to be. 

I was betrayed by someone I trusted and someone I loved. Why now? I sighed and sat down at the end of my bed. I laid back and closed my eyes.

(Hope you enjoy! :P I'll be back soon with chapter two! xoxo)