Chapter Thirty-Four

A/N: Alright, I'll make her stay.  :D I won't be evil for now :p                                                      

                                                         Rose's POV

I turned over and stared at Patrick, the sun had just raised. The sun made his hair appear more golden than usual, it almost looked like he was wearing a halo. My angel, I leaned in and kissed him softly. I felt him begin to stir. I pulled back some and smiled at him as he woke up. He smiled back and kissed me.

"Hey there," He smiled as he yawned.

I'm not going. "Hey there too" I giggled as I poked his nose.

"Sleep well?" He said as he pulled me into his arms.

I wouldn't be able to live without him. "Hehe of course, you?" I snuggled in closer to him.

"Yes," He leaned down and kissed my cheek. "You were by my side so of course I slept well."

Maybe this seems selfish but I can't. I can't do without his hugs, his kisses, his smiles, his laughs. I couldn't leave the safe embrace of his arms. I'm not going. "That's good." I smiled as I closed to my eyes. I breathed in his sent and was immediately calm again.

My stomach sang the song of its people and I nearly died from embarrassment from how loud it was. Patrick began to laugh and I playfully punched him. That made him laugh even harder than before. I sat up and grabbed the pillow. As I was bringing it down to hit him, I noticed something in the corner of my eye. When I turned my head, there was Adam standing there smiling. The pillow made contact with Patrick and he laughed more. I looked back at him, smiling. I had to not let Patrick know this was happening. I had to act normal. I giggled as he hit me back. I turned my head, my breathing a bit uneven as I looked. Adam was gone. I sighed in relief.

"Should we get you food?" He asked as he poked my nose.

I nodded and jumped off of the bed. "Last one in the kitchen is a rotten egg!" I shouted as I jolted towards the kitchen. I heard Patrick yell before I felt him close. He managed to wrap his arms around me and turn me around before he let go of me. Suddenly he was head of me and was in the kitchen before I was.

"You cheater!" I ran up to him and pushed him a bit, laughing.

"Maybe a bit." He smiled as he leaned in and kissed me. Every time he kissed me, it was as if we were kissing for the first time. Yeah, I defiantly can't leave.

"Well, winner makes breakfast!" I declared.

"Haha, that means I have power over what we eat." He looked at me mischievously.

I stuck my tongue out at him before I got a glass of water. I had just down the water when I looked up and saw Adam standing there. He looked so hurt. I closed my eyes and turned away from him. I watched as Patrick cooked.

                                                              -A Couple Months Later-

Adam is coming around more now. It's like the more my belly grows the more he shows up. Patrick has been pretty chill about everything. He's being really strong and so caring. It's not even his kid yet I know he'll treat the baby like it's his own. I've been feeling worse though. It's getting harder for me to walk around or move. I guess this what is expected from when you are just a few months away from giving birth.

I have myself set up at the couch, watching mindless tv, while Patrick went to practice with the boys. I was really glad that he went out. He hardly ever leaves my side and I feel like he needs more breaks. I don't know what I did to deserve someone so amazing as him.

I watched as the pictures on the screen moved not really paying attention to what was being said. I just watched as my mind ran races thinking about different things. I let my eyes close as I yawned. I didn't think I was so tired.

"So, how's my baby?" Adam's voice filled my ears.

I felt my body tense up as I opened my eyes to see him siting right next to me. I gulped, unable to speak.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" He asked as he softly rubbed my stomach.

I still couldn't speak all I could do was watch. I wish I had my phone next to me so I could call Patrick. I closed my eyes and count to three. I bite my lower lip as I opened my eyes. Damn it, it didn't work. He was still there, just staring at me.

"What are you going to name our baby?" He laid his cheek gently on my stomach. I just looked down at him. What did he expect me to do? Tell him my name ideas? Or should I just run my fingers through his hair? I mentally slapped myself for that thought. What the hell was that?

"U-uh, I don't know yet.." I whispered.

"That's alright, dear." I felt him smile. "We can think of names together."

I heard the front door open. I looked up at the hallway that lead to the door and saw Pete. I gave him a half smile before looking back down at my belly. Adam was gone and I sighed in relief.

"Hey there!" Pete smiled.

Soon after Pete entered, Joe and Andy followed quickly behind. I didn't notice Patrick but I figured he was still getting something from the car.

"Oh, Patrick will be on his way back in a bit." Joe said as he plopped down on the couch. "He said something about getting you pain meds and chocolates."

I smiled. "That man is a godsend."

A few hours passed and I was beginning to get worried. The boys constantly assured me that Patrick was fine but yet I still couldn't rid of that sinking feeling. I sighed staring at the window when I heard a phone go off. It was Pete's.

"Hello." He paused. "Yes this is."

Pete's face fell as he looked at me. "An accident? Is he okay?" Panic filled his voice.

My heart sank as the tears threatened to trail down my cheeks.

"Yes, we will be right there." Pete hung up the phone and looked at me.

"Patrick was in a car accident, he's in ICU right now." Pete looked at me somberly.

(Okay, I couldn't help be a little bit evil. Enjoy :) )