Chapter Ten

I just didn't understand the hatred Pete held for me. I looked up at Patrick. I knew they were leaving soon and I wouldn't see Patrick for a while. Yet, apart of me wanted to lock Patrick away with me. But as I stood there and watched the two fight I felt myself slipping. I was the cause of this Hell.

"Pete! I don't give a fuck about your reasons! You just can't stand me being happy can you?" Patrick spat at Pete. I could feel the anger in his voice.

Pete walked forward, his girlfriend watching nervously, and punched Patrick in the face. Patrick stumpled back a few feet and wiped his nose clear of blood. He looked up at Pete and was shaking. I ran forward and held Patrick. I didn't want to seem them fight each other. They were suppose to be the best of friends! 

"STOP!" I screamed at the both of them.

They both looked at me, Pete looked like he was ready to kill someone. Most likely me. 

"This is not how you fix things! You guys are friends. It shouldn't matter that I was here in the first place. Pete, you should be able to let Patrick do what he likes. I really don't see why you are so mad at me all the time. I'm not taking your best friend from you. He's still here, he's fighting because he wants to keep you." I was shaking from the fear, something about speaking my mind is so scary.

Pete sighed and looked down at his feet, sighing. Patrick placed an arm around me, pulling me close to him. 

"Look, Patrick. I am sorry." Pete finally spoke after a few antagonizing moments passed. 

Patrick nodded. "It's okay, Pete, just understand she makes me very happy."

Pete just nodded. "Okay, well see you tomorrow." 

We watched as Pete and his girlfriend faded away into the outside world. Patrick turned and looked at me and smiled. He kissed me softly on the lips, there goes those butterflies again. We just held each other for a while before heading to the car.

My phone began to ring as we made it to the car. 

"Hello?" I answered, not paying attention to the caller ID.

"Hey, Slut." The voice was masked with a weird static noise. 

I hunged up, I wasn't going to deal with some retard with a phone.

I got into the car and we drove away, heading to my place.

When we arrived, my parents were sitting at the table. A few papers were in front of them, my dad held one. He was staring out the window, something must of had happened. Patrick circled an arm around me and held me close to him. 

"I just don't understand," My mother spoke softly. 

My dad was unresponsive. 

My mom looked at Patrick and I, the sad look grew stronger. 

"Rose, sit." I listened with a nervous Patrick follow behind me. 

I looked down and realized it was the newspaper. My mom quickly moved it from my sight.

"I know you and Luna were real close." My mother paused.

She was dead. I knew it, my best friend gone forever. I sat there unable to move or feel anything. I was numb, and everything sounded so far away.

"She, well.."She looked at my dad for strength.

"She was in a car accident last night while you were with Patrick."My dad sounded so somber.

It was unsual to see my parents like this. If they weren't annoyed with me, they would be laughing and joking. Patrick held me close to him. Everyone was looking at me. Did they think I would cry? I wanted to but I couldn't feel anything. Well, on the thing I can feel and it's fear. I know that once this sinks in there is no way out.

She wasn't dead, she couldn't be. 

"Rose, dear." Patrick spoke softly.

"I'm fine," My voice sounded so foreign.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next few days were spent setting up Luna's funeral. The second day I found out, was hard. I would scream and cry until I could no longer. I spent the third day, not speaking. The fourth was the hardest because it was time to set up the date. The date that would send my best friend into the ground for the rest of time. 

That meant, no more giggling over band members and joking around about people we hate or any more boy talk. I lost my other half and I had no one to go to with everything and anything. I had Patrick of course but... 

The day of the funeral it was raining. How ironic. Patrick, Pete, Andy and Joe were all dressed in black with somber faces. Luna would be so happy to know Fall Out Boy was here. Her dream came true, finally. Too bad she was dead.

The service was long, depressing and cold. I was soaking wet with tears and rain. My cheeks were stained black and I no longer could smile.

Patrick walked up to me as I stood over her grave, tears still streaming.

"Luna, I'm going to miss you!" I bit my lower lip in attempt to keep myself from screaming.

Patrick pulled me into his arms and held me as I screamed and cry.

"It's going to be okay my love." He said and the sun began to shine. 

(Sorry guys! I've been so bogged down with school and work and well life! I hope you like this chapter, I'll try to post the next one soon! :) )