Chapter Thirty-Eight

Author's Note: So sorry for not writing in a few months. Life became quite chaotic and then holidays came. I was in a deep depression but hey I'm back now!!! So, yeah, here's more.

                                                                              Patrick's POV

I grunted as the nurse helped me in the black, sleek, wheelchair. She smiled at me as she readjusted me in the seat, making it so that I wouldn't fall out the moment she moved it. This nurse was younger, not like my first nurse. This girl was around my age, blonde hair, red lips, and brown eyes. She flashed her pearly whites before she pushed the chair forward. As I sat there all I could think about was my Rose. My beautiful Rose..who was at home falling apart. I wish the nurse would go faster. Instead, she is taking her sweet time and trying to talk to me. Turns out she is a fan of Fall Out Boy. Any other circumstance, I would be happy to talk to her. But right now I had more important things on my mind than making a good impression to a fan. Really she should be more professional and just do her damn job. 

"Here you go, Patrick." The nurse smiled again as she handed me off to Pete. Pete took me and helped me into his car. 

"Is she okay?" I asked after a few moments of silence passed.

"Barely. I don't think she'll be okay." Pete spoke softly.

At least he is being honest with me. I stared out the window and watched as the town, cars, and trees blurred passed be into just colors and shapes. When we arrived, my heart started to race. Pete quickly, yet carefully, helped me into the wheelchair. When we got in, Rose was curled up in a ball on the couch. She had fallen asleep. 

Pete wheeled me up to the couch and I hobbled onto the cushion next to her. I lifted her head gently on top of my lap and gently ran my fingers through her soft, brown hair. She stirred a bit and snuggled in closer to me. I smiled as I watched her. 

Pete cleared his throat and I looked up at him. "Hey, Patrick, Imma head out. Text me if you need anything."

"I will," I smiled. "Thank you, Pete."

He just smiled and left. I heard her yawn and knew she was awake. I felt the couch shift as she sat up. She looked at me and smiled, tears racing down her cheeks. I quickly pulled her into my arms and kissed the top of her head. Her hair smelled of roses.

"Shhh," I whispered. "Everything is going to be fine, I'm here now." 

" I just...can't believe...this..."She sobbed, her whole body shaking as she cried. 

"I know..." I didn't know how to fix this for her. 

She looked up at me, her face still wet, she wiped her eyes. "I'm sorry, Patrick. I'm trying to stay positive."

"You're fine. You can cry as much as you need. I'm not going anywhere." I pulled her in and kissed her softly on the lips. She kissed back with sudden need. I wrapped my arms around her as she straddled me and we kept kissing. Tears kept dripping down her cheeks as she kissed me more. She pulled back and looked at me, her chest heaving as she was a bit out of breath. 

She blushed and went to climb off me and I stopped her. "Don't move." I whispered. 

                                                            Rose's POV

"Don't move." Patrick's hands rested on my waist. I looked down at him, blushing. Somehow being with him takes away all of the pain. It's like he is my drug. I can't ever get enough of him.

He looked into my eyes before kissing me again, I wrapped my hands around his neck as the kiss deepened. I completely forgot about his casted leg, my parents death, and Adam as I kissed Patrick. I started to feel immensely better. I pulled back, breathless, and smiled. He smiled back and I climbed off of him. When I sat down, Adam was sitting there. I gasped and jumped a bit causing Patrick to look at me oddly. I just gave an awkward smiled and kept looking away from the very obviously pissed Adam.

"I don't like how close you are to him." I heard Adam growl.

I bit down on my lower lip trying to ignore him. My hand absentmindedly went to my stomach, I could feel the baby move a bit. Patrick was watching me carefully. I just smiled.

A few weeks later.

"I don't know know." Patrick was on the phone while I looked at my growing torso. Adam was standing very close to me, smiling. I scowled. 

"She's fine." Patrick looked up at me and smiled. I returned the smile, still ignoring Adam. 

"I don't know," Patrick paused. "Wait a sec, Pete."

Patrick kissed my forehead, "I'll be outside if you need me."

I smiled and went back to the mirror. Adam was glaring at me.

"Adam, go away." I hissed at him.

"No. I'm staying. You do look beautiful pregnant with my baby." Adam chuckled.

I glared. 

"What? You can't deny the glow you have." He sauntered forward. I felt his arms wrap around me and I tensed.  His hands wrapped around mine on my stomach. He smiled at me through the mirror. Tears dripped down my cheeks as I stood there shaking.

"Aww, dear, don't do that.." He whispered into my ear. "You should be happy." 

I struggled away from his grip. "Adam leave me be!" 

He just shook his head and disappeared. I sat on the bed bawling. 

                                          Patrick's POV

"Is everything okay?" Pete asked.

I was watching Rose as she stared at herself in the mirror. It was a bit odd how she was staring at her protruding stomach. 

"I don't know." I couldn't stop staring at her.

Something was up with her. 

"Ah, is she okay?" Pete asked, I could tell he was a bit nervous about something.

"She's fine." I smiled at her, she smiled back.

"Is she in the room?"

"I don't know." I paused. "Wait a sec, Pete."

I stood up and kissed her on the forehead, "I'll be outside if you need me." I said before wobbling out of the room, using one crutch. 

Once outside, I sat down on the wood bench and sighed. "I think she is seeing Adam in her head. I don't think she has coped well. I hear her curse at the air, but in her head she sees Adam. I so fucking worried, Pete."

"I know, Patrick." He tried to console me. "Maybe some meds will help?"

"Maybe." I responded staring out into the yard. 

I was just about to say something when I heard Rose scream. I jumped up, dropping the phone. I could hear Pete calling out to me as I tried to wobble quickly to her aid. When I came to the bedroom, I stopped breathing.

Rose sat there in a pool of her own blood, a knife sticking out of her stomach.