Chapter Four

On the fourth ring Patrick answered and I breathed in a sigh of relief.

"Hello." He answered, curious to who is calling him at this hour. 

"Hey...Patrick, it's me Rose." I whisper, in fear of being listened on. 

"Oh, Hey! What's up?" I could hear the smile in his voice.

I paused, what do I say? Hey, can I come travel with your band? What if he says no. One way to find out.

"I have a question." My voice shook some.

"What's your question? Are you okay?" Patrick asks worried.

"I'm fine. I just need to get away from here. Can I stay with you?" There, now the cats out of the bag. 

It felt like time was dragging slow on purpose, mocking me. I looked up and prayed he would answer soon. I heard him sigh. 

"Look. It's totally understat-" he cut me off.

"Sure, I'll give you ten to fifteen mintues to get ready." then he hung up.

Was he mad at me? I shook my head and jumped off the bed. I pulled out two backpacks and filled them with clothes, my sketch book, drawing tablet and computer. Lastly I put in my makeup and my phone charger. I ran through the list in my head to make sure I didn't miss anything. Once sure, I started to sneak out of the house. 

My brother was too distracted by his XBOX to notice my door close. My aunt was at the gym and my parents were tucked in their room watching Netflix. As I snucked out of the door, trying not to alarm my three dogs, I thought about what I wrote on the note I left behind. 

I reread it as I stood there, in the cold waiting for Patrick.  Hopefully they won't be worried. 

Note:

Dear Mom and Dad,

Please forgive me for all the things I've done wrong. I never meant to cause trouble but that is what I exactly did. I love you guys, I really do. So this is why I am leaving. I am going off with Patrick Stump. I do have my phone with me. I really hope things will be easier for you. 

Love Rose.

I had just finished rereading my note when Patrick's sleek, black car pulled up. I quickly got in after putting my things in the backseat. Then we drove off, leaving everything I knew behind. After we passed Cedar Park and made it into Austin, I looked at Patrick. He was extremely quiet. I really didn't think he would help me. I really hope this doesn't ruin whatever it is we have. 

He kept his eyes on the road, ignoring me. Every now and then he would change stations but he wouldn't speak. I leaned my head on the cold window and looked out at the blackness. Lights would streak passed us and the other cars on the highway. We were making our way downtown, which is where he is probably staying.

Ten minutes later we pulled into a Marriot parking lot. He got out and grabbed one of my bags to help me. We carried them to the fourth floor, where is room was. Once inside the hotel room and things were settled, Patrick finally looked at me.

I was scared. Did he hate me?

"Okay, so let's get ready for bed." He yawned as he pulled his vest off. 

I watched in awe as his shirt was tossed onto bed. He then chose that moment to look up at me. My cheeks were bright  red.

"Well, aren't you going to get ready too?" He was slipping out of his jeans as he was saying this.

I couldn't believe Patrick was standing there in his boxers, this couldn't be happening. I didn't think he would do that. I nodded and grabbed some pj bottoms and a t-shirt. I went to walk towards the bathroom when Patrick stopped me.

"Where you going? You can change out here. It's okay." He yawned again and began putting his clothes way. 

I couldn't. There was no way I could change in front of him. I'm fat and ugly. He would see the cut marks that run up my thighs. He would see the stretch marks on my stomach. He would see every flaw I have. I can't. 

He laid back in the bed and looked up at me. "What's wrong?" 

I just shook my head and ran off to the bathroom. I quickly got dressed, turned out the bathroom light and sat on the edge of the second bed. He sighed and got under the covers.

"See you in the morning, we'll discuss what we are doing. We may be meeting up with Pete."Patrick eyes closed and he was asleep.

You would not believe how much control it took to not go and lay next to him. My nail bit into my hand as I laid there in the darkness. I rolled over, facing away from him. I forced myself to fall asleep.

I awoke to laughter and bright light. I rolled over, groaning, My arm laid across my eyes so the sun wouldn't burn them that much. 

"No way!" Patrick said before laughing again.

Where am I? My eyes fluttered open and it took me a second to remember last night. I wasn't home, I was in a hotel with Patrick and apparently someone else. I slowly sat up. Across me, on the couch was Pete Wentz. Patrick was siting on the edge of his bed.

"Your little friend is awake." Pete smiled at me. 

I smiled back, blushing. Then I realized how horrible I must look. I jumped out of the bed and rushed passed them and into the bathroom. When I looked in the mirror I nearly screamed. My hair was a huge lump on one side and everywhere on the other. Great. I turned on the water and got undressed. I yawned as I stepped into the shower which woke me up instantly. 

I stood there for about ten minutes before getting out. I quickly got dressed. I looked in the mirror to see how my outfit look. I was wearing a Black Veil Bride's tee over purple skinnies. I brushed through my hair and put a line of eyeliner on my lid. I looked presentable enough. 

I walked out, feeling more in my element. Pete smiled once more. 

"Now the subject of importance." Patrick spoke as he patted a spot next to him for me to sit. I sit down, feeling very aware of how close we were.

Pete waited. 

"Should we allow her to come along with us?" The big question was asked. 

(Another chapter done...sorry for the delay! Hope you're enjoying this story :D)