Chapter Eleven

The hardest part about having your best friend dead is that you can't go to her when everything goes wrong. She usually had the best solutions to every issue. I closed my eyes, a pregnancy test sat there next to me. Just  a minute more and that little stick would tell me my future. I tried to tap into her way of thinking. What would she say if I was pregnant? It'll be okay, Patrick would be there to support you and the child. Don't worry! I sighed, how was I suppose to not worry. What if Patrick doesn't want children? I wouldn't know what to do. 

        I looked up at the ceiling taking a deep breath. I looked over at the test, it read positive. I was just about to cry when my pocket started to buzz. I quickly held myself together and answered the phone. 

        "Hello?" I answered, softly.

        "What would happen to you and the baby?" The disguised voice was back.

        "Who are you?!" I nearly shouted.

        "I'm just your worst nightmare, maybe you should watch your back." The phone clicked and silence was on the other end.

        "Wait-" I wanted to call the number again but it was blocked. 

        Why is everything going so wrong? Luna's only been dead for a month now.  I got up from the bathroom and left. I had to figure this out and fast.  Who was the voice on the phone? What did they want? Money or my life? Shaking, I walked in the kitchen and got a glass of water. I downed it down, ignoring the need to breathe. I just wanted to ignore everything around me and just disappear. I sat down at the kitchen table and stared out the window. Rain pelted hard against the window, the sky was darkening with dark grey clouds. Trees swayed back and forth from the rough wind. The lights flickered around me, any moment the storm would get worse and I will be left to the darkness. 

         A few moments passed before I got myself up. I had to get candles ready and find some flashlights. I had a thing about being in the dark, I hate it. The lights flickered once more and it was completely pitch black. I took a deep breath in and rushed getting candles lit and the flashlight I found on. I located the couch and curled up in a blanket. I looked around myself as the candles shadows danced around me. The wind got stronger and was throwing the rain hard against the windows. 

        I looked over at the clock and it read ten. Where was Patrick? He had me stay at his place until he saw that I was getting better. I guess I am. The first few weeks that had passed were the worst. All I could do was cry as I looked at our memories. I would call her phone over and over just to hear her voice. I would watch the videos we made together. She was so full of life. She was my personal sun. My savior. 

        The door opened and I could hear Patrick's voice. The door closed and I could here Pete talking. I tensed up and watched out nervously. 

        "Hun!" Patrick called out 

        "In here," I called out.

        Just as Patrick walked into the living room, the lights went back on. I smiled wide at him and giggled happy to see him. I got up and hugged him tightly.

        Pete cleared his throat,"Well, I gotta go the bathroom."

        Patrick just nodded as we sat down. He smiled and kissed me softly. I snuggled in close to him, I didn't mind that he was wet from the rain. It felt nice being next to him.

        "How was your day?" He asked.

        "It was okay, yours?" I answered, my eyes were closed.

        "It was okay as well. Nothing really exciting just working on some band stuff." He leaned his head back.

        I heard footsteps, Pete was back. 

        He  cleared his throat. "So, when did you find out you were pregnant?" 

        My eyes shot open and in his hands was the test. I forgot to hide that! I sat there scared, my heart was racing. How was he going to react? Was he going to get mad at me? I looked at him, waiting for a response. 

        Patrick looked at me then at the test. He stared at the test for a few more moments. Pete's face was full of curiosity and he was obviously amused. The silence was beginning to feel unbearable. I bit my lower lip hard. Just then my pocket started to buzz again.

        "Hello?" I answered, glad for the distraction.

        "You look so scared," The disguised voice was back but before I could respond they hung up. 

        Patrick was staring at me when I hung up the phone. 

(Hey guys! Happy Thanksgiving :) Sorry for the late chapter, been busy. Hope you enjoy. :) )