Chapter 16

Gio's pov:
Once I get home, I get in the shower and go over in my head what happened with me and Diyah.

The more I think of it, the more I get frustrated. The tears in her eyes, the hurt in her eyes, the quivering of her voice, and the fear in her body.

God, why did I act like that? Why did I get so angry? Why was I so possessive over her to the point where all I wanted was for her to be all mine and no one else's.

How could I've ever thought my Diyah was a whore of some sort?

I grab a towel and dry myself off before putting on pair of sweatpants and heading downstairs.

Before I can even sit down in the kitchen, Tonya walks in.

She takes a seat across from me and with one look she's knows something went wrong.

"What happened?"

"I fucked up T, that's what happened," I say getting and going to my room big wanting to talk about it.

Once in my room, my phone starts ringing and a little part of me hopes its Diyah although I know it won't be her, why would she call me after how I treated her and talked to her?

"Hello," I say without looking at who called and not caring who it is.

"Show some more love for your father," my fathers say though the other line.

"Hey pa, how you been?" I say my voice not changing much.

"I'm okay, you sound like a women on her period. Are you okay?"

Those words hit a nerve. I remember the hug between me and Diyah after I came back to her house for the second time. The way her small body felt against mine and the way her sweet smell invaded my nose.

My thoughts are interrupted by my fathers voice.

"Gio, can you hear me?"

"Yeah dad, I'm sorry. I'm just really tired," I say and it's the truth, I would love nothing more than for this day to be over.

"Okay, go get some sleep Giovanni. I'll stop by tomorrow, we can talk then," after I hang up, I close my eyes and fall asleep to thoughts of Diyah.

The next morning:
I wake up and right when I open my eyes, the smell of eggs and bacon hits my nose. My stomach growls and only then am I reminded of how I didn't eat anything all day after coming back from the mall.

I shower and throw on a random shirt and some sweats and head down stairs for breakfast.

Maria has her back towards me and my father and Tonya are already sitting down eating away. I pull a chair and begin eating.

"No good morning today?" Tonya says looking at my dad and then at me.

"Did you and your sister get into a fight again? Is that why neither of you has been talking to each other today?" My father asks putting down his coffee mug.

"No, me and Tonya didn't fight and good morning T," I say turning towards Tonya.

"Now, are you gonna tell me what happened with Nadiyah yesterday or should I just ask her when I go over to her house later."

Hearing her name makes me remember everything that happened yesterday. My stomach does a turn in disgust and I loose my appetite.

I push my plate away and turn to Tonya.

"It's really none of your business what happens between us so stay out of it, okay?" I say bitterly.

I don't know why I snapped at her. Maybe because it was her who gave me the idea to go to Nadiyah's house or maybe because I'm jealous she'll be going there later. I know I'm not welcomed there anymore and won't be for a while.

"Sheesh, I just asked a simple question," Tonya says now upset. She pushes her plate away and walks to her room.

"T, wait," I say now upset at myself for taking it out on her. She was only helping me and here I was being a dick.

She walks to her room and I can hear the slamming of the door from here.

"Damn it," I mutter standing up too.

"Sit back down Giovanni," my father says pointing to my chair.

I sit down.

"Now, tell me what's wrong with you?" He says folding his hands together.

"Nothing dad," I say but from the look in his eyes I knew he knew I was lying.

My dads intimidating enough to make you wanna lie but then again enough to regret it and tell the truth.

I tell him everything that happened yesterday and the night before, he just sits there listening.

After I'm finished, he stands up and pats my back.

"Come on, I wanna take you somewhere," he says putting on his coat.

After 10 minutes of driving in silence, I begin to doze off. Memories of Diyah flood all over my mind, the last thing I see is the hurt in her eyes before she walked away, then I feel like I'm being shaken.

I open my eyes and come face to face with my dad. I look around and know exactly where we are. My mothers graveyard.

After a moment of silence my father begins talking.

"Ciao amore mio, come stai?"

I can't help but get a bit emotional, coming to see her always gets me like that.

"Greet your mother," he says putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey ma," I say not knowing what else to say.

"We came here because our boy is having girl problems, now I would normally take care of it but this time his feelings are actually true," he says looking over at me.

"Remember when he was younger and how everything he touched or he set eyes on was officially his? He was was possessive. Well, it's that all over again, I don't know what you did about it then but I'd give up anything to have you do it now tesoro," he says wiping a tear from his eyes.

"I don't know what to do, they need you. I need you. I'm falling apart and so are the kids. Mi manchi, there isn't a day I don't think about you. Perchè mi hai lasciato? And the kids?" He says now breaking down crying.

I hate seeing him like this, for him to suffer and be alive while the love of his life is dead.

"Giovanni promises me something and you must put it on your mother," he says taking my hand.

I nod.

"You'll work things out with the girl, promise?" He says shaking my hand

"I'll try dad," I say not certain it's possible.

"No, I want you to promise me it and to promise your mother it as well."

"Okay pa, I promise."
__

LIKE/COMMENT/SHARE 💕