Chapter 18

Gio's pov:
Just as I'm getting ready to leave and go for a drive, Diyah walks back into the kitchen.

She crosses her hands over her chest and finally speaks.

"Okay go ahead, explain everything to me Giovanni."

A part of me wants to lie to her and just tell her something like "I've got a trust issues and I'll go get counseling," but mine wasn't that easy and if I wanted her to understand me fully, I had to tell her everything. That included my current situation and everything else.

"Can we sit down first?" I ask.

She takes a seat in a chair near the end of the table.

"Okay, maybe on the couch?" I say pointing to the living room.

She gets up and I follow right behind her.

"Okay, what is it that you have to talk about? I just ditched my best friend and your sister to talk to you so it better be something important," she says sitting down .

"Just tell her" goes the voice in my head.

I take a deep breath and walk over to where she is and sit down.

"Okay look, I have issues. Bad issues. I've done made decisions in the past that I regret," I take a deep breath and continue.

"Because of the choices I've made in life, I am the person I am today. Now I could've easily said no to what life threw my way but I didn't. I was stupid. Really stupid actually I say," looking over at her.

"What stupid decisions did you make?" She asks with a blank face.

That question is what I've been fearing to tell her since she walked in through those doors.

After a few seconds of silence I finally speak up.

"I am a part of the mafia," I say standing up now.

"Actually the leader of the Italian mafia after my dad stepped down,"

I look over and her face has lost all emotion.

"I grew up into it, the mafia. It's all I've ever known since a young age. Family. I grew up hearing the words 'the mafia is your family', 'it's your place,' and after my mother died, it was. I became the new leader. I was just 22, I thought why not? I didn't think I'd be murdering people and doing the stuff I've done. I didn't think I'd like it and get attached so quickly but I have," I say running my fingers through my hair and turning to face her.

"I didn't think of a lot of things. I thought I'd have everything I want when I become the leader. Power. Money. Women. Everything. I didn't think I would be so possessive over it but I was. I wanted to be the best, my dad was great but I wanted to be the greatest there's ever been."

I walk back to the couch.

"So there you have it, I'm a mafia leader who's possessive over you and refuses to let anyone else have you," I say looking up at her.

---------------------------------------------
Diyah's pov:
I was stunned. No scratch that, I was baffled. Gio was in the mafia and not only that but he was also their leader. I didn't know what to say, I was lost for all words.