Chapter 19

Gio's pov:
My day was going great up until now. I should've known better than for it to stay like this, the peace had been going on for way too long.

"So run what happened through me again Leo," I say slamming my door.

"Lester and his men came into the house thinking it was empty and began searching all through the house. Maria was upstairs cleaning and when she came downstairs they shot her. I and Johnson rushed in as soon as we heard gun shots but they made their way into Tonya's room and grabbed her and a blonde and held them at gun point. We didn't know what to do but let them go. If we made any shots, the girls would've gotten hurt boss."

"Shit!" I curse out loudly.

"Where was everyone else? Did I not specifically tell you all that I don't need anymore than two men outside at a time?!" I yell.

"I'm sorry boss," he says focusing on the road.

"You better be, if anything and I mean anything happens to my little sister Leo, you and Johnson will pay along with Lester and his men."

Once at the hospital I run to the receptionist and ask for Maria's room number.

Once we get in there we see a man and a teenaged boy and a little one sitting down on Maria's bedside. I'm assuming it's her husband and sons.

"Hello," I walk up to them.

The man looks up and the look in his eyes kills me inside.

"Are you Maria's boss?" He asks with an accent.

"Yes, I am,"

"Look what you did to my wife!" He says pointing to Maria. She looks so lifeless hooked to all of the machines and tubes. Her body is pale white and I know what that means.

"I am so sorry," I say putting a hand on his shoulder. He shrugs it off.

"Sorry?" Says the boy the teenaged boy.

"You're the reason my mom is dead and all you can say is sorry?" He says standing up.

"Is sorry going to bring her back? Because at this point I'd do anything to have her back. How are we suppose to make it without her?" He says now tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry," I say looking down at him.

Seeing him break down reminds me of my own mothers death and I can't help but feel nothing but hate for Lester.

"Just please leave us alone, you caused us enough pain," he says pulling his little boy into his lap.

I walkout and quietly close the door behind me. I run my fingers through my hair now frustrated.

"How is she?" Comes a voice from behind me, I turn to find my father staring back at me with concern in his eyes.

"Dead," I say sitting down on a bench outside the room.

"Lester and his men, they are something," He mutters sitting down too.

"How'd you know?"

"Leo told me everything."

"So they are good for something other than not doing their jobs."