Chapter 29

So , I got this bright idea while in the bathroom 🤔 & wanted to try it out . So , what do you guys think ?
__

Kat's pov:
I usher Jess in and swoop her up into my arms for a big hug.

"Do you know how much mommy loves you?" I ask twirling her around.

She giggles uncontrollably before I put her down. "This much mommy," she says extending her hands to as far as they can go.

"More than that sweetie, waaaaaaay more," I say extending my hands as well.

"This much?" She says putting her hands text to mine.

"Even more than that."

"That's a lot!" She says shrieking with a gleam in her eyes.

I smile at her and thank god for brining her into my life. She's my little bundle of joy and even though I can't give her everything she wants in life I can at least try.

"Ryan will be coming over to babysit you later while mummy's at work, okay?" I say now sitting down on the floor with her.

She scrunches up her nose causing me to laugh. She was like me in so many ways.
"Mommy, I don't want Ryan, I want you," she says throwing herself into my lap.

"I know baby, but mommy has to go to work and bring in money. Remember?" I say sighing.

I felt bad that I didn't give her the attention she deserved because times were hard. My job at the bakery was barely giving me enough money for me to pay for the house and on top of that Jess' medical bills were piling up with every doctors visit.

No matter the surgeries or medicines they prescribe, we had to keep going back for more. Something else always came up.

I sigh and wrap my hair in a bun before looking down at a now sleepy looking Jessica.

Ever since she was a baby that was always her habit. She'd fall asleep the minute she fell into my laps.

"Come on sweetie, you have to take your medicine before you take a nap," I say blowing softy into her face.

"But I don't want to," she says rubbing her eyes.

"I know you don't but you have to Jess," I say picking her up.

I walk to the small kitchen with her legs wrapped around me.

For a 4 year old she wasn't big at all. Maybe that was due to her being a sick child.

"Come on, sit down on the chair so mommy can make you something to eat," I say sitting her down on the chair.

"Okay," she says rubbing her eyes once again.

I can't help but smile at all the little things she does that remind me of him.

Giovanni.

There wasn't a day I didn't think about him and or about how much I missed him. I knew it was best for him not to know where I was or about Jess.

I knew it wouldn't be safe for me to raise a child around him with all the violence going on and I didn't want to. So when Victor  told me he was stepping down from the mafia and giving to Giovanni, I knew I had to leave.

I saw how growing up in a place filled with violence made him into who he was and I didn't want my daughter growing up around that.

I wanted her to have a normal childhood and do normal people things. Roberto understood that and encouraged me to leave.

He assured me that no matter where I went, he'd make sure Gio never found me or found out about the baby and luckily he stuck to his promise.

But just because I left didn't mean I didn't miss him. There wasn't a day I didn't think of him or how our life would be different if he was with us.

I snapped myself out of it and focused on a now drooling Jessica.

I microwaved a hot pocket and filled a cup with warm milk before running to the living room to get the container of pills.

I got out the afternoon pills and laid all three of them out for her. Luckily they were each candy flavored and shaped in animals.

"Here eat this," I say gently.

She eats it in a hurry shocking even me.

Either she was really hungry or she wanted to go back to dreaming about whatever she was dreaming about.

After she ate and took her pills I picked her back up and walked her to her bedroom.

Right before I placed her down she tightened her legs around my hips.

"You don't want to sleep in your own bed?" I asked.

"I wanna sleep with you mommy," she says her voice soft now.

"Okay, fine," I say heading off to my bedroom.

I sit her down on my bed and get back up.

I get dressed for work and kiss Jess on her head before walking to the door.

Just as I'm out I here Jess calling my name.

"Yes baby," I say walking to her.

She points to the only picture of me and Giovanni that I kept for memories and finally speaks after a yawn.

"Look, it's the man that brought me home."
__

Soooooooooo, what do you guys think ? Should I do more in her pov as well or just stick to my main characters ? & Btw , shoutout to my homie Aw Mustaf Aden 😂👏🏼 . Glad to know you're reading the book homie.
Vote/Share/Comment 💕