Chapter 63

Hey you guys, I'm sorry for not updating as much as I want to. A lot has been going on with me lately and I won't get into detail about it but a lot has been going on and as when that does happen, writing is my way of expressing how I feel but that wasn't the case these past few days so my bad. I'll try to put my sloppy emotions aside and work on writing more, pinky promise ☺️❤️

__
Diyah's pov:
My heart stopped at the chilling voice behind me. It couldn't be who I thought it was, but it was.

"Victor?" I ask squinting. Even as dark as it was, I could still see the face and body of the father of the man who currently had a hold on my heart.

"Who the he-ll is he?" Comes Jon's voice from behind me. He was nearly breathing down on my neck because of how close he was to me. He was in full protective cop mode as he did often around other men.

"An old family friend," comes  Victor's voice intervening before I can explain who he was.

"So answer my question Nadiyah, is the child my son's, yes or no?"

"What is it to you and who is your son anyways?" Jon says irritated. I knew where this was going and as much as I dint want it to, I knew it'd go there.

"Please don't tell him," I whisper on the verge of tears. "I don't want him to know or to add on to his plate. I can do it, I can be a single mother and raise this baby on my own without Giovanni," I say frantically.

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" Victor says calmly. "I have no doubt that you can raise this child alone, you've got the will and money for it but what about when the child grows up and wants to know about its father or its father's side of the family. Then what? Will you deny it the right to know its father, it would be a different story if my son knew about it but I'm going to assume he doesn't kn-"

"Please don't tell him," I say the tears spilling out as I speak. "Please Victor," I say pleadingly. After confessing to me that I wasn't "anything but another cherry popped," it was very clear to me where me and Giovanni stood. I wanted nothing to do with him.

"Nadiyah, you know I adore you and would do absolutely anything for you but this child weather you want to raise it by yourself or not will have my last name and is my flesh and blood. I've already lost my sons trust in me by doing it the first time, what do you think will happen now?" He asks calmly.

"Please," I beg not caring that the cracking of my voice was beginning to burn my throat. "Please Victor just let me do this much for my baby. Please don't tell him," I say my voice cracking.

"You're finally here, you almost missed-  Oh wait, you guys are still here?" Comes my fathers voice from behind me.

"Yeah dad," I say wiping away my tears.

"Is everything okay? Did the car break down or something? I can wake up W-"

"Everything is okay, we just ran into each other that's all. It was a pleasure seeing you again Nadiyah," comes Victors voice as he pulls me in for a hug.,

"I'm sorry Nadiyah," he says softly before walking past me and into the widely opened door.

__

Gio's pov:
I tossed and turned in the bed as sleep made its constant return to me but stopped midway. I should've known she'd move on from me sooner or later. Why wouldn't she? She was beautiful, smart, and one of the kindest persons I've ever met. I was wrong for letting things get out of hand the way they did, if Kat had just never came back into my life, everything would've been okay.