Chapter 36

I REALLY LIKE THIS PICTURE 👀💦
__

Diyah's pov:
I pull into me and Khloe's condo and luckily enough she isn't home to try and pursuaed me to come back home.

We've barely talked or hung out since I got back and I know that was entirely my fault and not hers.

As much as I want, I know I can't. I still have the fear of Lester lurking around anywhere around here and I know if I stay here there's no one to protect me.

I grab my clothes and stuff them into my duffle bag before getting out some shoes that I want to take with me.

I take one good look at everything I've packed before grabbing my stuff and heading for the door.

I open the door and come face to face with the devil himself.

He's wearing a white dress shirt with slacks and dress shoes as if he's going somewhere important. His hairs not the usual ruffled up mess but today it's jelled back and either way it looks beyond sexy.

I look like crap compared to him right now. My baggy shirt and ripped jeans look dull. My hair doesn't look healthy at all and its as frizzy as ever before in the high ponytail its in. My eyes look like they've swollen up and the light in them has dimmed down.

"C-can I help you?" I ask trying to find my voice.

He looks at me for a long time taking in all of me. As usual, his glares make my insides jumpy.

A look comes over his face and it's a mixture of realization and sadness.

"Diyah," he murmurs to himself.

Does he remember already? And if he did, this was the worst day to not look decent.

He takes small steps while stepping him through the door, never taking his eyes off of me. I close my eyes because the look on his face was making my stomach turn.

After an awkward silence he finally speaks.

"What happened?"

"To what?" I ask.

"You. I thought Lester killed you."

"Nope, I'm still alive," I say sarcastically.

I know I shouldn't be upset with him but I can't help it. He promised to protect me and he didn't.

He walks over to me and cups my cheeks in his hands before rubbing over it gently.

"I'm so sorry," he says lifting my chin up to stare at him.

"And when I get Lester I swear to you I'll make him pay," he says shaking his head.

I feel a tear escaping my eye and before I can get to it he's already wiped it away.

He pulls me into his chest and before I know it there are multiple tears finding their way out.

Everything that happened within the last month comes into my mind in flashbacks.

He just holds me, not saying anything or letting go until about 5 minutes in when my body begins to relax.

"Did he..?" He asks looking away not finishing his sentence.

I figure out what he's talking about and shake my head.

"N-no," I whisper into his chest.

He lets out a breath and then he kisses the top of my head before finally letting go.

He look down at the bags on the floor filled with my bags and gives me a confused look.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm moving back in with my father."

"Why?" He asks his voice having a little edge with it.

I don't answer back and wrap my arms around myself.

"I promise I'll protect you," he says looking down into my eyes.

"Like you protected me last time?" I blurt out without meaning to.

He gives me a look of hurt and I feel bad instantly so I wrap my arms around him and lay my head on his chest.

His body relaxes against my touch and he lets out another deep breath.

"Come live with me. I can allow you more protection than anyone. I promise on my life this time you won't get hurt," he whispers.

"Lester probably already knows where your father lives and will go through anything to get you which includes hurting them," he says after a silence.

I look up into his eyes and know that what he's saying is true.

"What does he want from me?" I whisper my tears falling once again.

"He wants to hurt me, that's all and he knows I care about you," he says tucking a curl behind my ear.

"I care about you a lot," he whispers to himself.
__

Vote/Share/Comment 💕