Chapter 65

Funny you're the broken one but I'm the only one that needed saving.
                        - RIHANNA
__
Diyah's pov:
Suddenly it felt as if all the oxygen from me was gone. I was holding onto to any that I had. What did he just say?

Abortion clinic?

"You're kidding right? Please tell me your kidding?" I ask frantically turning to face him. He had to be kidding. "Giovanni, please tell me you're kidding," I say taking deep breaths.

"So he was telling the truth." He scoffs and turns away from me once again ignoring me.

"You can't do this, I won't allow you to hurt my baby," I say backing away from him.

"Our," he says coldly cutting me off. "And I have just as much right over this child's life as you do. So if I say the child goes, then the damn child goes Nadiyah," he spits out.

"Listen to yourself, you sound like a monster. This is a human life we are talking about. Something that came from you and I both. It's got half of you as much as me!" I say feeling my eyes burning from the stinging tears.

"Don't you think I know that," he says bitterly looking out the window. "God, do you think I'm so bad of a person that I'd want to kill my own unborn child for no reason?" He asks facing me.

Although his voice was bitter, his face told another story. The sadness was evident in his eyes and his eyes along with the unshed tears.

"Gio," I say inching in closer to him. "What's wrong with you? Why do you want to do this?" I ask softly.

I was stupid to think this wouldn't have anything else to do with besides him just wanting to get rid of the baby. Something was going on.

"Because it's for the best. I've failed as a father once already and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I brought another child into this world after everything that's happens with my first child," he says harshly. "You think raising a child is all rainbows and flowers but wait until people find out your pregnant," he says once again looking out the window.

"So what if they find out?" I ask wiping my tears.

"If they find out.  People  like Lester, who have no heart nor soul, will come after the baby and you," he says closing his eyes. "Please except my apologizes when I say this but.. I don't want to bring an innocent child into this world just yet nor do I want to risk your life or it's," he says facing me.

"Oh yeah? And what about me and what I want? I've been carrying your baby in my stomach for 2 and a half months now. I've grown to love it and vowed that it would never get hurt by anyone or anything for as long as I live, so what? Am I suppose to just let you kill my baby?" I ask running my fingers through my hair.

My mind was beginning to crumple altogether and if I didn't get out of here I knew I'd have some sort of emotional breakdown.

And before I know it I'm out the car and running. Not bothering to stop or worrying about where I'm running to. My legs are moving and I can barely feel them until finally I come to a stop after what seemed like forever. My heart was beating uncontrollably and I knew if I didn't get up and start running once again he would find me.

"I'm sorry," I say flopping down to the ground at once not bothering that I was in the middle of the road. An empty and deserted road, just like I'd be if I let him take the baby away from me.