Chapter 57

Hi my cutie pies, so this chapter is long because I probably won't be on for a while and so I hope you enjoy reading 😘. Also, listen to LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE - EMINEM FT. RIHANNA because that's where I got my motivation from while writing this chapter 😂.
__

Gio's pov:
Kat's hands came across her face and before I could take back what I said she was crying into my arms screaming yes as often as possible.

"I love you Giovanni," she says placing her lips onto mine. "I love you," she mumbles against my lips. Her part and mine remain closed too shocked in what just happened to respond in anyway.

I hear clapping from the entrance of the kitchen and and see it's my father with a smiling Jessica in his arms.

"Congratulations are in order for you two love birds I see," he says handing Jess to Kat.

"So how should we celebrate now or after we come back?" He asks with a large grin.

I wanted to smack it off of his face. As much as I loved my father, there were times like this that I could not stand his presence or how much of an impact his words had on me.

I just asked my ex, the mother of my child to marry me and I didn't even mean it. I loved her and although a small part of me still did love her, it wasn't enough to get things back to the way they were before she left me.

I didn't know how to tell her that I asked her to marry me on accident, it was an accident after all and came from realization of never winning the women I wanted to be with back. I didn't want to be with with Kat, the women I wanted to be with currently hated me and there was nothing I could do about it, not that I wasn't going to keep trying.

"Mommy my feet hurt," Jess says fidgeting in her mothers arms.

"I can change her shoes for her if you want," I offer needing to get away from where I was at right now. Away from my father and Kat both.

"Uh, it's okay, I can do it," she says walking back out with Kat.

My father stands before me and a look of amusement taking over his face.

"She reminds me of your mother in a lot of-"

"Don't you dare even finish that sentence," I say pushing past him and out the front door. I needed to smoke to calm down my nerves.

"Boss, a package for you," comes Leo's voice from behind me.

I open it up to find a picture of Jess and Kat off guard heading somewhere which should've been to school but wasn't. I made sure that any and everytime she went anywhere with Jess she get either escorted there or she go with me, no traveling alone whatsoever because situations like this could happen.

I turn the picture over and see there's a note written in black pen.

Congratulations dad! Would be a shame if anything happened to that little girl you love so much.
                                   - L

"F-ck, I mumble under my breath. After not paying any mind to Lester after getting Diyah back, I regret it. We should've found him and killed when we had the chance. I should've killed him but I couldn't bring myself to do it the many chances I got. He was like a best friend and a brother to me and to this day his betrayal still baffles me. You don't really know people as much as you think you do and Lester proved that to me.

"Everything okay?" Comes Kat's voice from behind me, she's got a box in one hand and Jess in the other who's too interested in her mothers neck to look at anything else.