Chapter 1: A New Puppet

You step out of the shower, feeling the warm, humid air wrap around your arms, like a soft pillow. You tie your (H/C) hair into a towel to dry, and walk to the sink to brush your teeth. While lowering your head down, to drink water from the sink, you feel like someone is watching you. Looking up, you see a blur of blue, and then the reflection was back to normal. Freaked out, you pull the matted towel against your skin, and sneak back to your bedroom. You pull your hair from the towel and, tie it in a rubber band, pulling the too-short bangs in front of your (E/C) eyes obscuring the view of your right eye. A picture of you and your boyfriend, at your fifteenth birthday party, last month stares at you, filling you face with a smile. That was when you had your first kiss. He said he would love you, forever. You loved him too.

After finishing on your hair, you pull on a (F/C) baggy T-shirt,with an elephant on it, loose fitting cargo pants and, a pair of black high-top converse. You walk out of the tiny room and,across the hall, to the living room, where you picked up your IPhone, and sat on the couch to chat with your boyfriend.

  (Y/N): Hey 

(BF/N):Ummm... Hi :(

(Y/N): What's wrong babe?

(BF/N): Well, there is this girl, and...

(Y/N): I get it...

(BF/N): It's not you, it's me

(Y/N): Yea, you being a cliche.

(BF/N): Look we can still be fri-

You turn off you phone, not wanting to read more lies. "Ugh!" You groan to yourself. "My life is worse than a soap opera. Break up over text? He doesn't care. I bet he tried to be so dramatic and cliched. I feel like Hope Williams" (Yes, I had to google a person to put here) You drag your feet up the stairs, to your room and, get in bed, not caring that it's 5:00, or that you're wearing clothes and shoes. You close your eyes and, let your hair fall out of the ponytail. Before you cry yourself to sleep, you pull the rubber band around your wrist, and pass out into a deep sleep.

The clock on your wall says that it's 1:00 a but, you don't see, since you are asleep. You also don't notice when a portal, leading to nothing but white, opens beside your bed. You finally wake up, when a feeling of your lungs being ripped from your chest. Your eyes open, when a hand as cold as ice, clamped around your mouth. In front of you, you see a floating purple heart. "HmMmMm..." said a voice from behind you. "Perseverance eh?" it said 'You sure didn't PERSEVERE through that BREAKUP. Maybe it was not enough TIME? Oh well." You saw blue strings wrap around the heart, and a sharp pain went through your chest. You let out a squeal and, the figure lets out a laugh "Heh, come along now my new puppet." You feel your body get pulled off the bed and, onto the floor. Another squeal, provokes another laugh. You get slid through the portal, and pass out from shock, and hitting your head on the cold floor.