°We Both Have Scars°

((this is an emotional chapter that deals with depression and self-harm so if you get triggered by that please don't continue reading))

You were laying in bed with Mark, a calm silence washed over you two. Your fingers were gently running along his skin, not intending to go anywhere, just to feel him here, with you. You could still easily find the scar along his stomach and couldn't help but grace your fingers over it. His muscles tightened, then relaxed. When you looked up at him, he was no longer watching you, but instead his gaze was focused on your forearm, on your own scars. Self-conscious, you tried to hide it under your hair, but he gently grabbed your hand, bringing your arm closer to him.

Tenderly he planted kisses on you, starting at your fingertips and moving up along your arm until he reached the area where the scars were most condensed. Tears were brimming in your eyes. There, among all the hate and pain you felt, he was putting love in, joy, happiness. "Beautiful." He murmured.

"Handsome." You smiled through the tears, resting a hand on his cheek.

"We both have scars."

"And they're healing."

"I love you, Y/N." Mark kissed your arm again.

"I love you Mark." You kissed your fingers then pressed them on his stomach.