°Thunderstorms°

You met him during a thunderstorm.

As you hurried through the rain trying to get back to your apartment on the other side of town, you nearly screamed in frustration when you ran into a man.

"Sorry!" He apologized, picking up the cup of coffee you had dropped. "I should have been looking where I was going."

"No, it's fine." You huffed throwing the now empty cup in a trash.

"Let me buy you another one, so you can at least get out of the rain for awhile."

You smiled and accepted the stranger's offer. "Thank you. I'm Y/N."

"I'm Mark."

You fell for him during a thunderstorm.

Soft thunder and lightning in the distance drew you and your friend Mark out of his pool. Running inside with your towels, you couldn't help but laugh at him when his dog ran into him fearfully, coating him in fur.

"Chica!" He exclaimed, but the dog's terrified shaking brought him to sit on the ground to pet her. "It's gonna be okay, Chica-Pica."

You sat beside him, joining in on comforting the scared puppy. As you both pet her, your focus slowly shifted to him, a soft smile on your features.

"You know, Mark," you said, and looked at you thoughtfully. "I'm glad I met you."

"I'm so happy to have you as well." He wrapped one arm around you, and kept petting Chica with his other hand.

Shyly, you kissed his cheek, and a grin broke across his face.

You lost him during a thunderstorm

You were having your third fight with Mark that day, booming thunder and fiery lightning outside perfectly matching the emotions in the room. The claps of thunder sent Chica squealing into your room, trying to cuddle up to both you, but she was unsure of who to go to. Mark was on the opposite side of the room from you, angrily running a hand through his hair.

"I can't believe you, Y/N!"

"I'm not the one being ridiculous here!"

He sighed as Chica stuck her head in between his legs fearfully. "Not now, Chica!"

She darted away from him, choosing to cower behind you. "Don't take your anger towards me out on the poor dog!" You spit at him.

"I need a break!"

"Fine! Then get out of my apartment!"

And he did.

He found you on a sunny day.

Mark had left your place in such a storm, he took only his phone and the clothes on his back. He didn't even come by to check on Chica or you.

"Come on, girl." You whispered a few weeks later, clipping the leash to her collar. "It's about time we go for a walk, how's that sound?"

She yelped excitedly as you tightened your ponytail then stepped outside. There was a park just down the street, and it was the perfect day to go for a light run with Chica. Jogging down the street, you relished the sunlight on your face as the puppy kept pace with you. In the park, she stopped to smell everything, then one scent seemed to catch her attention, and she pulled on the leash through the throngs of people having barbeques.

"What? Did you smell a squirrel?" You laughed as she darted on.

She bounded up to a man, laying her head on his lap and lolling her tongue out. Before you could apologize to the stranger, he spoke, petting your dog. "Hey, Chica-Pica!"

"Mark?" You breathed in disbelief, and he stood up from the bench.

"Hey, Y/N." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"What are you doing here?"

"Thinking about my girls. Chica and you. And how much I missed you." Chica licked his hand then. "I didn't expect to find you here though."

"Chica pulled me over." You looked down at your dog suspiciously. "I think she's smarter than she looks."

"Yeah." Mark smiled, then looked up at you. "Do you think we could give us, another try?"

You sat beside him, stroking your puppy's nose. "I think we can, me and Chica have missed you."

She then whined, nuzzling further into Mark's leg, just to prove your point.