°The Mark-tian Pt. 1°

((art cred obviously is shuploc, i love 'em so much!))

((and also i was watching 'the martian' while writing this so there's that))

Recommended Song(s) For This Imagine:
Space Is Cool - Markiplier

This was it.

After a rigorous selection and training process, you were going to go into space. You were going to be an astronaut.

Ever since you were a little girl you'd dreamt of going to the moon, but now you were going to go even further. You were going to Mars.

Not only were you going to Mars, but you were leading an international group going to Mars on the Ares V mission. Your team consisted of three Americans, Muyskens, Barnes, and Fischbach, an Italian, Bisognin, a Swede, Kjellberg, and an Irishman, McLoughlin. They were the best team you could've asked for, they respected you as a leader and meshed well with each other.

As you sat in your seat in your spacesuit, leaned back and facing upwards, one of your crewmates spoke.

"This is so cool!" Fischbach exclaimed as the rocket began to power up.

You laughed. "McLoughlin, keep a tally of how many time Fischbach says cool."

"Will do, Commander." You could hear the grin in his voice and the the rest of the crew joined in on the laughter.

Up in the outer reaches of space, the rocket fell off, and the boosters on the craft kicked in. While you rocketed through space, pressing the right buttons at the right time, you had a giddy smile on your face. You were doing it. You were going into space.

3 months since departure

You wiped the sweat off your face, breathing heavy from running on the treadmill. The crew was required to do at least one hour of exercise per day in order to fight off muscle atrophy.

A voice came over your intercom. "Commander, where are you?"

"I'm in the gym, Muyskens. What do you need?"

"Fischbach lost his comm again."

"Barnes hid it in the kitchen."

Barnes' voice then reached your ears, indignant. "Thanks for ratting me out!"

"I can almost hear the Commander rolling her eyes at us." Muyskens laughed, and you had to agree.

You guessed Fischbach had found his comm, as he joined in on the conversation. "Wade, you're a douche."

As they began bickering, you sighed. "Kjellberg, turn their comms off."

"Will do, Commander." He responded, then beautiful silence met your ears.

"Thank you."

8 months since departure // Sol 1

Sitting in your seat on the bridge, you anxiously looked out the front window. Mars should be coming into your view soon.

"Approaching Mars landing site in two minutes." Barnes reported. "I repeat, two minutes."