°Markimoo To The Rescue Pt. 2°

((*gasp* a double upload?! what is this sorcery?!))

Hopping out of the bath, you rushed into some normal clothes and dried your hair. Stepping out of your room, you went down the hall to the team kitchen. Passing by all the empty bedrooms, you felt nearly giddy at the prospect of more recruits. You stepped into the kitchen to see Sean sitting at the breakfast bar and Mark leaning into the fridge looking for something. Shirtless.

Nearly superhuman strength, you reminded yourself. And a nearly superhuman ass.

You cleared your thoughts and your throat, alerting them to your presence. "You do realize that SHIELD offers food? Right?"

"Yeah, but we wanted to do something nice for you. We were real asses in training." Sean swiveled around to talk to you.

Speaking of asses, Mark was still bending over to look for something. Taking one more quick peak, you then looked back to Sean. "Thank you. Sorry if I can across as a jerk as well. This is the first huge responsibility Fury has given me and I don't want it to go bad."

"Sorry you got landed with a hothead and a loudmouth." Mark said, probably louder than he intended.

"I didn't mean that negatively!" You smiled. "Your powers are something good, awesome! You guys just need more control. And I want to help you with that."

"Sure sounded like you were insulting us."

"And people used to call me IceBitch." You shrugged. "I've learned to pick my battles. And usually only with Hydra."

"IceBitch?" Mark laughed, plating the rice and meat and vegetables he had made. "Not very original."

"And neither is hothead, or loudmouth, so don't take it to heart."

Mark put the three plates on the breakfast bar then sat beside Sean, so you sat on the red-haired boy's other side. As you three talked and chatted, you heard some things that the SHIELD files had told you, and others that they didn't. Like how Sean also liked to be called Jack, and that his favorite color was green. Or that Mark had dyed his hair blue before and pink before that. Just little, personal things.

You dismissed yourself at around 9, wanting to finish unpacking your room. They both bid you goodnight, and you smiled to yourself as you went back into your room. Maybe these guys wouldn't be so bad.

The next day had you immediately take back the whole 'maybe these guys wouldn't be so bad' mentality. Jack screamed so loud he shattered the windows of the training room because he found a cockroach and Mark melted the barbells because Jack threw the cockroach on him.

"Alright! Order in the gym!" You ceased their clamor, then calmly went over the bug. Levitating it on some water from your water bottle, you sent it flying out the window with the flick of your wrist. "How about we train outside from now on?"

And so you moved training down to the huge acreage behind the SHIELD building. "Control." You began calmly. "It's time for you to learn to control your powers. Jack, you can't sonic scream every time you see a bug, and Mark you can't catch on fire every time something inconveniences you. You don't see me send an ice dagger at you two whenever you piss me off."

"You can't do that." Jack snorted.

Without turning around to face them, you summoned ice daggers and sent them hurling at them. You weren't planning on injuring them, just a warning graze. But before they could reach their target, you sensed them being melted. Pivoting on your heel, you met Mark's eyes with a big grin.

"Good job, you controlled one power. But I guess nearly superhuman strength doesn't need as much practice."

"Nearly?" He seemed outraged as the other recruit snickered, but this time no flames popped up on his body.

"That's what your file said. Nearly." You shrugged, being completely honest. "Next, using your abilities to fight."

Jack and Mark exchanged a look with each other. "Oh, you don't have to fight each other yet." A laugh escaped your mouth. "Right now we'll use targets."

A few days into target practice, you deemed them spar-ready. "Alright, winner fights me." You said as you set up the challenge. "You two can use this entire space and everything in it. Just please, no maiming or killing each other. I still need you guys for battle."

"You hear that, Mark?" Jack fake-cried. "She actually said she needs us."

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Mark using this opportunity perfectly. You also used this to put some earplugs in. As Septic Scream was busy with his drama, Mark caught him off guard and sent him to the ground. Jack immediately retaliated with his sonic scream, sending Mark onto his knees clutching his ears. As the sparring continued, you saw Mark burn a line in front of Jack that he couldn't cross, then his friend fling septic gunk over the fire to hit Markifire right in the eye.

It ended with Mark pinning Jack to the ground for three seconds, mainly because he had him in a ring of fire so if he tried to move he would've been burned. "Alright Jack." You leapt off your perch on the wall overlooking the makeshift arena. "You got any wounds that need to be treated?"

"You mean other than the murdering of my pride? No, I'm good." He rolled his eyes, walking over to the wall you had been sitting on before.

"You ready Markimoo?" You teased him with the nickname he had acquired during training. You knew it spited him a small bit due to the childish way it sounded.

"Always, IceWitch." He smirked back, using the changed version of a former name for you, IceBitch. Whenever Mark said it, you knew he wasn't using it in a hateful way, just a playful and fun way. "Time to show you my nearly superhuman strength."

He immediately charged at you, to which you instinctively threw up a thick ice wall. A crack escaped either the ice or Mark's shoulder as he ran straight into it. He cleverly went to work melting it, giving you the opportunity to lift all the melted water off the ground and drop it on his head. In your moment of laughter at his shocked face, he evaporated the water off with a quiet sizzle, then kicked out your legs. You rolled out of the way of his arm, knowing he fully intended to pin you down. As his arm met pure dirt, you swung your leg over him, throwing him down to the ground.

Black Widow taught you that one.

Mark heated up his torso to scalding temperatures, sending your legs off him in an instant. But you still had the upper hand, bringing the water you had dumped earlier over in an instant. They formed ice around his ankles and wrists, chaining him to the ground. He struggled to melt the ice off, but couldn't do it fast enough, Jack had counted to three before Mark could wretch his arm up.

You brushed off your knees, then offered Mark a hand up. "Nice job, Mark. You had me for a second when you started burning my legs."

"Thanks, and the way you turned me melting your ice back on me was awesome!" He grinned, reaching up to mess with his hair.