°Highschool AU: Teachers Pt. 4°

You began seeing Mark on more friendlier terms since that football game. Sure, you kept up the hating each other thing in front of other staff members and the kids. After all, neither of you knew where this was going, it was typically just random meetups during your lunch breaks and sometimes before or after school.

As soon as fifth period was over, you went into your office, which shared a door with Mark's classroom office. He was already in there, leaning seductively against your desk, waiting for you. Without a word, you walked over to him, and locked your lips onto his. As he desperately kissed you, you went to work pulling off his jacket. Before you could finish unbuttoning his shirt, a knock sounded at your classroom door.

You sighed. "I should get that."

"No, maybe they'll go away." Mark continued to kiss you, but the knocker wasn't relenting.

"I'll be right back, just keep quiet." You fixed your outfit before walking out to open your door.

"Hey Y/N!" Marzia greeted you cheerily. "Why was your door locked?"

"Oh I don't know, the lock's been acting up." You fibbed. "So uh, what do you need?"

"Well, you know how Felix and I are getting married in a month."

"Yes, you must be very excited."

"I'd like for you to be one of my bridesmaids! If you wouldn't mind."

"Of course I'll be one of your bridesmaids! I'd be so honored!"

"Great! Thank you!" She beamed at you.

"No, thank you. I'd love to keep chatting, but I've got a bunch of essays to grade."

"Oh go ahead, I'll talk to you later!"

"Bye." You closed the door behind her, then returned to your office.

Mark was still there, shirt half-unbuttoned and hair messy. "Ooh, you're gonna be a bridesmaid. You know what that means?"

"What?"

"You'll be paired up with one of the groomsmen."

"And let me guess." You smiled, putting a hand on his chest. "You're a groomsman."

"You bet." He resumed kissing you.

Soon, winter was upon you and Marzia and Felix's wedding was getting closer and closer. You stood outside the staff apartment building with the others that were going. Felix and Marzia had gotten there a few days prior to help with setup, and now everyone else's flight was leaving today. Drumming your fingers, you smiled as a familiar form sauntered over to you. "Hello, Ms. Y/L/N."

"Hello, Mr. Fischbach." You nodded. "Quite cold, isn't it?"

"Well it is December. But perhaps it'll be warmer in Florida."

"I heard they have mild winters, yes."

The airport bus picked the group up, the driver loading your luggage in the back while the staff piled in. You were smushed in the back with Mark and an Algebra teacher. You raised an eyebrow at him as he put an arm around you. "Might as well get comfy, its nearly a two hour drive to the airport." He informed you.

At the airport, you had gotten to the gate with the others about fifteen minutes before you were to begin loading, so you bought a hot chocolate and McMuffin from the McDonald's in the airport. Sipping your drink, you pulled out your copy of Hamilton, the play/musical Drama Club had finally agreed on for their performance.

"What's that?" Mark leaned over to ask you.

"The play my drama kids are putting on. They've worked really hard on it."