°He's Not The Same [darkiplier] Pt. 2°

((video above is an INCREDIBLE edit by itsourparis on YouTube i love all of their edits you guys should 110% check them out))

((also a huge thank you to cluelesseptiplier for the new cover <3))

Recommended Song(s) For This Imagine:
Gasoline - Halsey

Mark had been back for a few months when Jack came to visit. Sure, he wasn't the same as before, but you felt as though you were getting somewhere with him and that he could handle a weekend with one of his best friends. You told Jack that Mark was going through some stuff at the moment, and to not be too worried. After all, you were worrying about him enough, but you didn't tell Sean that.

So when you woke up the morning that you were to pick Jack up from the airport, you were only slightly startled to see Mark already awake, staring blankly at the wall.

"Hey," you whispered, touching his arm.

He jerked out of the trance, spooked at first, but relaxed when he looked at you, offering a smile. "Hey."

"We're picking up Sean today, remember?"

"Right."

"I'm going to go make us some breakfast then we'll go. How does an omelette sound?"

"Good, thank you."

You walked downstairs to the kitchen, grabbing the ingredients and turning on the stove to let it heat up. The eggs cooked fast, and soon you had plated them just as Mark traipsed down the stairs. "Morning, Y/N." He wrapped his arms around you, his voice sounding much more grounded. "Sorry about earlier, for zoning out."

"You're okay." You gave him a peck on the lips then grabbed the plates. "Now let's eat."

You both made quick work of the food then hopped into the car. You drove, even though it was Mark's car, because his constant fidgeting and sporadic startling didn't make for a good person behind the wheel. At the airport, you waited excitedly outside the gate, holding Mark's hand tight and getting on your tiptoes to try to spot Jack.

It wasn't hard to see the mop of bright green hair, especially when it was barrelling towards you yelling hello. He first hugged Mark, and to your delight, Mark hugged him adequately with his free arm. Sean then gave you a friendly hug, and you could feel Mark's hand tense up for a second.

When your friend had released you, you stood close to Mark to reassure him. "It's been forever since I've been in LA!" The Irishman began rambling as you walked out to your car.

"Yeah, we're glad to have you back, Jack!" You smiled, and your boyfriend nodded his head in agreement.

You and Mark took Jack down and around town before returning home after lunch. At your house, Mark wandered off almost immediately, in a daze again. You helped Jack settle into the guest room, watching him set his suitcase down on the bed. "How is he doing?" Your friend asked quietly, and you sat down opposite of him on the bed.

Sighing, you thought for a moment. "He's doing alright. Some days its seems like he's getting better, like he's himself. Other days... not so much. I just want him to know that I'm here for him."

"I'm sure he does." Your friend assured you. "He definitely doesn't seem all there most of the time, but whenever he looks at you, Y/N, he smiles."

"Thanks Jack, I needed to hear that." You leaned forward to give him a hug. "You're a great friend."

He hugged you back, moving side-to-side overzealously, making you giggle as he became off balance and fell over on the bed, taking you with him.

"Ah!" You laughed, pushing off of him to sit back up and take your arms back. Your grin stopped in its' tracks when you saw Mark standing in the doorway. Immediately you knew something was up.

"Hey Mark!" Jack greeted him cheerily, obviously not sensing what you could.

"What were you doing?" He asked, teeth clenched.

"Hugging, entirely platonically." You stood up in an attempt to diffuse the tension, walking over to Mark, standing in front of him to block Jack from his sight. You held his face in your hands gently, forcing him to look into your eyes. "He's my friend, and he's your friend too."

"Right." He shook his head, kissed your nose, then addressed Jack. "Sorry, I don't know what happened."

"It's all good!" His friend replied, giving a thumbs-up. "Hey, can we go out somewhere fun tonight?"

"We haven't gone to Rhi's in a while." You suggested. Rhi was a young woman who owned a popular bar downtown that you and Mark used to frequent.

"Yeah, sure." Mark agreed.

((quick question: do y'all have any requests for me to do? i have ideas myself but i'd like to hear the kinds of stuff you'd like to see))

((THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 5K IM YELLING I LOVE YALL SO MUCH ❤))