°Welcome to Night Vale AU°

((so i've fallen into this trashcan of a life and have thus decided to combine my trash lives together! so i hope you enjoy!))

Recommended Song(s) For This Imagine:
Team the Best Team - Doom Tree
(aka the song played during weather on Episode 27 - First Date)

You adjusted your messenger bag on your shoulder as you pushed your way into the radio station. Today was your second month of interning at Night Vale Community Radio, and you had been assigned to Cecil Palmer's broadcast. Cecil. Gershwin. Palmer. You'd wanted to get into radio for as long as you could remember, and this was it, your big shot.

"Morning!" You called out, unsure if you were early or not, mainly because none of the clocks in Night Vale work. "Hello?"

You heard a deep voice answer your call. "Morning! Intern Y/N, right?"

"Yes, Cecil. I have an extra coffee, they messed up my order this morning. Do you want some coffee?" You let yourself into the panel room beside the actual recording area. What you saw was a bit of a surprise, Cecil on his boyfriend Carlos' lap, the two of them making out. You had to hold back a snort as you knocked on the doorframe.

Cecil jumped up, more startled than anything, but Carlos was clearly flustered. "In the recording studio?" You fake gasped. "I expected this out of Cecil but really, Carlos?"

"Oh shush." He blushed as Cecil sat in a chair across from him.

"So, coffee...?" You trailed off, seeing the two cups on the table. "Ah, never mind." You set the tray down, taking out one cup to take a sip out of.

Leaning against the table, you closed your eyes to relish the warm liquid sliding down your throat. Carlos' oaky voice broke your silence as you opened your eyes. "I've actually got uh, an intern of my own here who'd probably like that extra coffee. I kept him up all night at the house that doesn't exist, you'll be able to find him wandering around here somewhere. Eager young man, wanted to come in and watch my segment on the radio."

"Yeah, I'll definitely do that."

Cecil interrupted your preparations to leave to find this sceince intern. "Intern Y/N, can you first feed Khoshekh? I meant to do it when I got in but, I got a bit distracted. And I'm going on in seven minutes."

"Khoshekh is hovering by a sink in the men's bathroom."

"Yes? Your point?"

You sighed, feeding a cat in the men's room was not the weirdest thing you'd done during your internship at Night Vale Community Radio. "Nothing, I'll go do that now."

First you went into the hallway closet to grab a can of cat food then made sure nobody saw you as you slipped into the men's room. In the bathroom, you went to work wrestling with the pull tab on the canned food. You won, but the victory was short-lived, because soon after, you cut your finger on the sharp metal too. "Aw, oh my god!" You hissed, running the tap to wash out the cut.

Khoshekh mimicked your hiss, earning him a glare from you. "You're lucky you're cute, Mr. Darkness."

You looked up at the mirror from your wound to see a tall man with glasses, dark brown hair, casual jeans, a button-up shirt, and a lab coat standing behind you, an eyebrow arched. "Are you okay, miss?"