°Cinderelliplier Pt. 3°

((Y/F/N = your first name
Y/M/N = your middle name
Y/L/N = your last name))

It felt as if you had a hole in you. For the rest of the ball, you sat in your chair away from the mass of happy people, staring down at the mask in your lap. His mask. He may have left his mask but he had taken your heart with him.

The guests slowly began to trickle out, going back to their rooms in your palace or their own palaces. As soon as you could, you ran up to your room and threw yourself down on your bed. You couldn't believe what you had done. You scared him away.

A gentle knock on your door followed by a quiet hello signalled that Annabelle was waiting to be asked in. "Yes?"

"Did you have fun, m'lday?" She attempted to make small talk with you as you stepped behind the divider to undress behind.

"Yeah." You said half-heartedly, handing her your dress.

"Did you see your friend Mark?"

"No, he never showed." This realization added to the pit of despair in you.

"Well I'm sure he would've come if he could."

"Yeah." Next you handed her your jewelry then sat down to allow her to take your hair out of the exquisite braid.

Once she had finished, she excused herself, leaving you to your own devices. Setting the mask of the mystery man down on the pillow next yours, you looked at it until you could no longer ignore your heavy lids and drifted off to sleep.

In the morning, the black mask was the first thing you saw and the first thing you held in your hands. Your fingers graced over the ridges and curves and indents of the inside of it as you walked down the steps to breakfast. Then it struck you. It was custom-fitted to his face, that was how you could find him!

"Mother!" You burst into the dining room excitedly. "I met someone last night!"

"Wonderful!" She exclaimed, setting down her fork. "What's his name? What kingdom is he from? When is he proposing?"

"Slow down, my dear." Your father placed his hand on hers, then turned to you. "What's that in your hand?"

"His mask." You sat down, and placed it on the table in front of you. "Its the only thing I have of him, I don't even know his name."

"Well that's easy, we can have every eligible suitor from the nearby kingdoms come by and try the mask. Whichever one it fits is your husband!" The queen suggested.

Suitors of every shape and size filed in and out of the throne room over the next few weeks, none of which actually fit the mask. And yet they attempted to propose to you anyway. You waved off their gifts of riches, all you wanted was the gift of love. His love.

After nearly a month of searching, you gave up. Maybe he had regretted kissing you and ran away and never wanted to see you again. Only one person could ever cheer you up when you were this hopelessly crestfallen. Ignoring your parents cries of indignation, you ran out the doors of the castle and plunged into the town, mask in hand. Your feet knew the exact way to the field behind Mark's house. He was just about to head out to hunt by the empty bag and full quiver on his back.

"Hey, Y/N, what's wrong?" He could immediately tell you were upset.

You flung your arms around him, not bothering hold back your tears now. "I-I made the stupid decision to fall in love with some douchebag prince who left and never came back."

Your friend wrapped his arms around you comfortingly. "Where did you meet him?"

"At the New Year's Ball. He refused to tell me his name and he ran away when I took off his mask. I didn't even get to see his face." You pulled away from Mark to show him the mask. "This is all I have from him. He forgot it in his desperation to leave me."

"And how do you know he doesn't love you as well?"

"My parents sent word to all the kingdoms that sent suitors for them to come try on the mask, but he never showed up."

"May I see the mask?"

"Sure." You bitterly thrust it in his hand. "You can burn it for all I care, I don't want it anymore."

Mark turned away from you for a moment, and you curiously watched him from behind, wondering what on earth he could be doing with the mask. He didn't even go to your damn ball. As you wiped off your tears, the man in front of you slowly moved to face you again.

This time as you looked up at him, a familiar masked face greeted you. "Mark? It was you?"

"Yes, Y/N. I went to your ball, already in love with you."

"Why did you run away?"

"I was afraid you wouldn't love me if I wasn't a prince."

"Oh Mark." You took one of his hands in yours and used the other to remove the mask so you could get a good look at his beautiful face. "I love you whether you're royal or not. Lineage means nothing to me."

Happy tears filled your eyes as he dropped to one knee, looking deep into your eyes. "Y/F/N Y/M/N Y/L/N, I have loved you for as long as I can remember, whether it was the puppy love children have or the fiery love I feel now. I promise to love and cherish you in every way, every single day that I am alive, so long as you let me. Please, will you be not only my best friend, my princess, but my bride and my eternal flame?"

"Yes, Mark. I will." You were crying profusely.

Dropping onto your own knees, you pulled the also-crying man in front of you in for a desperate, loving, salty, wet, yet perfect kiss.

((ay i'm really happy with how this turned out, tell me how you guys liked it!))