°Love Is Blind°

Recommended Song(s) For This Imagine:
Out of My League - Fitz and the Tantrums

"Simon! Simon!" You yelled in exasperation at your big German Shepard puppy tugging you through the park. Suddenly the leash whipped out of your hand, and he sprinted across the grass now that you weren't holding him back. Groaning to yourself, you ran after him.

He made a beeline right at a fluffy white dog of the same size. You could see he was trying to get it to play, but it sat stoically beside its' sunglasses-wearing owner. His head turned towards your dog as you had finally caught up to Simon.

"I am so sorry about Simon. He gets excited easily. In Y/N, by the way." You apologized with a smile, grabbing his leash with one hand then holding the other out for the man to shake.

The man's head snapped up when you spoke, as if he didn't know you were there. It was then that you noticed the SERVICE DOG ON DUTY: DO NOT PET vest on the white dog, and the cane leaning against the bench next to the man. You quickly retracted your hand, realizing he couldn't see it.

"That's alright." He smiled, patting the bench beside him. "You can sit with me, if you want. I'm Mark, and my dog is Chica."

"Okay." You sat down a polite distance from him and pulled a tennis ball out of your bag. "Simon, fetch!" You threw it.

"What kind of dog is he?"

"A German Shepard. He's got a black nose, paws, ears, and tail, and the rest of him is honey-colored. He's about the same size as your dog, but not nearly as fluffy." You clarified specifics, unsure of whether Mark knows what one looks like. Then you realized he might not have even seen colors. You couldn't believe how stupid you were being. "I-I mean. I'm sorry I'm being really stupid."

"Not many people know how to speak to me, you're actually doing better than most." Mark assured you, and you relaxed as Simon dashed back.

He dropped the tennis ball at your feet, and you picked it up to throw it again, then had an idea. "Mark, can I see your hand?" You set the ball down and wiped your own hand off.

"Why?"

"Please? I'm not gonna stick it in dog shit or anything."

He laughed. "Well, when you put it like that, sure."

You gingerly held his left hand with both of yours by the wrist, guiding it out to Simon. Thankfully your dog stayed put as you set Mark's hand down on his head. "This is his nose. Its black like... night. Or the hot asphalt of parking lots on summer days." You moved his hand to Simon's ears, and you were happy when he scratched behind his ears. "His ears are black as well."

Next, you put Mark's hand along Simon's back. "This is where the honey color is. It's sweet, like... well, honey. Or uhm, its the color of soft teddy bears on a little kid's bed."

"Thank you. Nobody's ever done that for me before."

"Sorry if I wasn't very descriptive."

"Don't be, it was lovely. You're lovely." You blushed at his words and became even more flustered when you realized you were still holding his hand.

Before you could say anything else, a loud, robotic voice came from his phone. "11:35, leave for doctor's appointment." It said.

"Oh, that's me!" His fingers skimmed down the side of the phone then reached a button, which he hit. He then stood up. "I have to go, but can I see you again? Well, not see you literally, but you get the gist?"

"Yes," you giggled, opening the contacts on your own phone as you stood up to say goodbye. "Can you tell me your number. I'll call you."

That night you had planned a date with him. Which led to many more. On every date he would ask for you to describe something, which you would happily oblige to. Eventually you had gotten prolific at describing things with senses other than sight.

On your fifth date, Mark had taken you to a fairly fancy restaurant, which you thoroughly enjoyed, especially when the waiter asked him to take off his sunglasses before realizing he was blind. The look on that guy's face was priceless. At the end of the night, when you had driven him home, you both stood outside his front door, not wanting to say goodbye yet.

"Y/N, can I... this is going to sound weird, but can I feel your face?" Mark asked, clearly unsure of himself.

"Of course." You took his hand in yours and brought it up to your nose. "Here, that's my nose."

You closed your eyes as his fingers graced over the features of your face, gentle as he always was. His finger went right across your lips, picking lipstick up along the way. You suddenly laughed at this, and he stopped with a smile on his face. "I'm sorry, is this too weird for you? I can stop-"

"No, its not, you just got some lipstick on your finger." You wiped it off onto a tissue.

"What color is it?"

"A deep red. Think about bricks at the old courthouse, the resilience and strength of them. The robust smack they make against pavement when they're dropped."

"It's powerful, and beautiful. Like you."

You blushed, swinging the hand you were holding. "You can't even see me..."

"No, but I can hear your kind voice, I can feel the soft touch of your skin, I can smell the lovely perfume on you, and I can taste the love you put into those brownies you made the other day. Someone with a personality and aura that's so beautiful is beautiful, whether I can see their features or not."

"Thank you." Your voice cracked as you said that, happiness swelling in your throat.

"You're crying, did I say something wrong?"

"No! You said all the right things, these are happy tears!" You assured him, bringing his hand up to your face again, and he brushed his fingers along your cheek in an attempt to wipe your tears. Once again, his thumb ended up on your bottom lip, but neither of you drew back. "You can kiss me, if you want."

And he did. At first it was awkward and bumbling, like most first kisses for a couple, but somehow it ended up just perfect anyway.