°I Can't Separate Your Sins°

To me you're acting like you're twins.

Mark and Oliver Fischbach. They were your neighbors ever since you were in elementary school. As kids, they got into mischief together and were almost impossible to tell apart, but as they grew up, stark differences between them popped up, and now as you and the Fischbach twins were going into your senior year of high school, the only way they were related was by looks. Which Oliver changed as soon as they turned 18, decking himself out in piercings and tattoos as well as getting colored contacts. Mark kept his glasses on over his brown eyes, and the only semblance of change in his appearance when he turned 18 was that he tried out a few different hair colors on his floof. But they always made him more adorable, not as punk and Oliver was. Or at least claimed to be.

Come senior year, you hung out with both of them, but for the most part, separately. Oliver had his group of punks, delinquents, and the occasional pothead, but no matter what, his tattooed, dyed-hair friend Sean was always with him. Mark floated between jocks and nerds, but no matter what, his smart, nerdy friends Bob and Wade were always by his side.

Where you fit in was strange. Oliver and Mark hung out just fine at home, you three loved playing video games and studying together, which Oliver sometimes objected to. His friends may be future dropouts, but you and his brother made it your mission at home to make sure he graduates high school. But at school, they weren't mortal enemies so much, but just ignored each other whenever possible.

The only time it was impossible was when you were there with both of them, which was when you slyly managed to get them both involved in a friendly conversation. Sometimes, it didn't always work.

You were digging into your locker with Mark waiting patiently by your side, since your next class was together. "I don't know where my AP Chem binder is!" You huffed, frustrated. "I put it in here before first period!"

"Maybe you left it at home?" Mark suggested, peering into your locker as well.

"No, I remember putting it in here with Oliver this morning. For some reason, he was very eager to watch me open my locker." Then, it dawned on you. "That little shit."

The familiar, smug voice of Mark's twin brother sounded from behind you. "My ears are burning."

You both turned to look at him, you shaking your head as you spotted your purple chemistry binder in his hands. "You broke into my locker!"

Were you all that mad? No, Oliver didn't do anything maliciously, just to annoy you a little bit. He looked mildly offended. "I would never! I merely memorized your combination and made a return trip during first."

Mark spoke up, more annoyed than you, bordering on angry. "You'd be able to do so much if you used those smarts for something instead of skipping your classes to pull a prank on Y/N!"

"I didn't skip, I asked to use the bathroom!"

"Please tell me you washed your hands before handling my binder." You stepped forward to grab it, but Oliver held it over his head. Narrowing your eyes at him, you begrudgingly hopped up to get it, but Oliver still held it out of your reach.

You sighed, not willing to deal with childishness right now, and looked at Mark pleadingly. Mark reached forward to get your binder, but his brother side-stepped him, that shit-eating grin on his face. "Give it, Oliver, we've got to get to Chem!"

"You may have to, but I have U.S. History, and you know how much Mrs. Abraham loves me, she never marks me absent."

"Mrs. Abraham is blind, she wouldn't be able to tell if you were there or not." Mark looked about ready to punch his brother, his hand balling into a fist.