°Markimoo To The Rescue Pt. 4°

((wow this is my longest multi-part one yet omg))

((are u guys even enjoying this idk))

((creds to the artist above btw i did not draw that))

An hour later, you got a SHIELD message from Agent Manning. "They want us to put in our earpieces." You announced to your friend, taking them out of your clutch.

After you stuffed in the small, malleable plastic piece, a voice came ringing through in your ear. "Neurofreeze? Can you hear me?"

"Loud and clear, Manning." You winced at the volume. "For once you're louder than Jack."

"Oh sorry," he turned down the volume. "Is this better?"

"Much. Thank you."

"Alright, so its time for you guys to go."

"Yeah, I know, Jack's waving me out the door." You quickly walked over to where Jack was, leading the way to the elevator.

"Crap, I need to get my mic set up to both hold on."

A few seconds later, the agent spoke again. "Are you both hearing me?"

"Yep." You and your friend responded.

"Awesome!"

Down in the parking lot, Jack made a beeline for the drivers seat, hopping in just like Mark did. "Nuh-uh." You shook your head. "Scoot over, I'm driving."

"Fine." He rolled his eyes, moving to the passenger seat.

Driving the car was a nearly euphoric experience for you. It drove well, it was fast, smooth, and also not yours. You get paid to drive it. Best. Job. Ever. At the venue deep in urban Seattle, you stopped at the valet stand. "Thank you." You said politely to the gentleman that took your keys.

"Shall we?" Jack offered you his elbow.

"Yes." You smiled, grabbing a hold of his arm.

Several people eyed Sean's bright green hair, but his suit screamed money, so they left him alone. You spotted a big wig of Hydra down at the bar. "Come on honey, let's get a drink." You pulled him towards the end of the bar where he was.

While Jack ordered for you and him, you saw Mark out of the corner of your eye. He was looking over at you and Jack already, so you shot him a little wink to which he smiled just a little bit. Turning back to the task at hand you decided to make small talk with the Hydra man.

"Isn't this a great party?" You faked a cheery, high-pitched voice.

"It'd be greater if every woman looked like you." He looked you up and down.

Forcing your lips to remain in a smile, you pulled Jack into the conversation. Literally and figuratively. "This is my husband Jack, Jack meet Mr..."

"Call me Kevin." He shook your friend's hand, then turned it over, thus getting a good look at his ring finger. "No ring. Didn't you say this was your husband?"

You immediately realized your mistake, but Jack swept in with a great save. "I'm getting it resized at the jewelers, all these great meals she cooks have even made my fingers fat!"

You laughed at the joked, sliding your own ring finger under your other hand to hide your own bare finger. Thankfully, the bartender handed you your martini and Jack his Scotch at that moment. "Well, we best be getting back to the dance floor then, come on sweetcheeks." Your friend grabbed his drink and your arm. "It was great meeting you, Kevin."